Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on having my original block rebuilt as a N/A monster and was wondering what most folks here think would be the MAX compression ratio I could get away with on the street running straight up 93 octane.(no octane booster additives) I figured 10.5:1 @ a minimum.

11.5:1, 12:1, possible??? Thanks...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
My guess is 11:1-11.2:1 Maybe Duane V will chime in here as I think his car runs 11:1 or higher and it is N/A.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
was wondering what most folks here think would be the MAX compression ratio I could get away with on the street
What cams will you be running.. That would affect my answer..Al

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What cams will you be running.. That would affect my answer..Al
Don't have the specs yet but they will be custom stock regrinds. Should be making close to 400rwhp. I'd like to err on the conservative side if need be.

If I may ask, which aspect of the cams are the most influencial(duration, lift or LCA?) on compression?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
You will need a very effective quench zone. With a custom piston and the right combustion chamber shape you should be able to easily run 11+.

It's a lot of work for the power you will get.

Then again it's not my car.

·
Corral Charter Member
2,260 Posts
One of these days, I'd like to have a 4.6-based 400-ish RWHP n/a combo for my 99 Cobra. Gotta be streetable, and has to be 4.6 based (or perhaps the mod 5.0, if it becomes readily available).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.