Ford Mustang Forums banner

2441 - 2460 of 2473 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Does the new cap allow or feature the OE style tri-bar pony?

I've debating 17" Pony wheels for the restomod look, but the big turnoff has always been non-OE style center caps.
Sorry to disappoint but we will not support the OEM cap, our old cap, or supply our new caps with the OEM tri-bar pony emblem.
Only the "Pony R" emblem will be available with our new caps. We have thought about the implications of offering our cap only and
our wheels not accepting other caps and in the end, it really is the best decision for where we want to go with this wheel and with
the new direction we want to take our products. Also, We found only a small percentage of our customers really wanted to spend
the extra money for OEM caps.

Demetrios

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm a mechanical designer and I have AutoCAD on my personal laptop if that will hurry up the process at all! lol I cant seem to find #### for Pony-r's either. I bought my car with a set of 17" chrome Boyd Coddington wheels and I'm just not a fan..need different wheels and I'm a picky bastard.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Demetrious- how about some Reiken/Saleen style mesh wheels for foxbodies!?

And 15" rears for slicks..

And for the record I'm still running the PonyRs I got from you 7 years ago..

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a set for sale. 4 lug, silver, 17x8 and 17x10.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
That kinda sucks :(

Can anyone confirm the sizing of the rear lips for these vs the LMR versions ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Just spoke with Demetrio. These are still in the works & will be eventually produced. It's the lengthy patent process that is ultimately delaying production. He is very excited as am I and will patiently wait on the next generation PonyR's. Totally worth it in my opinion. The knock offs just don't 'do it' for me. Only the best for my Mustang!!!
Stay tuned!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
i think i am going to be selling my set of 17x8 chrome 5 lugs and my (2) 17x9 chrome 4 lug. cant find a pair of 17x10s 4 lug chromes that someone doesnt want a arm and a leg for lol.

2441 - 2460 of 2473 Posts