Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to bug you. I was just reading your site and i need to ask you a brake question.
I have a 86 Capri 5.8L That i am doing a brake swap on.For the rear i am using Ranger axles and rear Lincoln LSC disc brakes with your flipped braket invention. On the front i am using 95 mustang spindles with the 13" cobra upgrade(caliper and rotors).
On your sute you said that the brake lines to the mc were a different thread to the 94-99 Mustang mc.You said that the best choice was to go with a 85 Towncar master cyl. Is there any mod that needs to be done to the lines for it to work or is it a straight bolt on????Also, what brake booster do i use???

Thanks for you help and let me know if i am missing anything with my swap too.
Shane

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
With an aftermarket cam, use a 94+ v6 booster.

The towncar is a 2 port unit. Check with Raybestos or Bendix to find out the fitting sizes on your stocker and the towncar unit to find out if/what fittings you need to adapt to.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about the lincoln Mark 7 LSC master and booster?????

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
To large but for the SVO front and rear brakes.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what do you mean????
when i looked at a 86 LSC it has an abs set up.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
86caprirs said:
what do you mean????
Can you not understand that it is to large to use?

Only time is with the Lincoln front and rear brakes. Anything else, dont use it.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
86caprirs said:
what do you mean????
What does ABS have to do with your question? ABS is used for a number of DIFFERENT reasons. One reason is to keep the car straight and with *some* traction when a tire hits ice/snow. ABS MAY or MAY NOT make for shorter stops. It depends on the ABS system. The Bosch (stang, vette, ?96?+ Fbodies) does help with shorter stops. But, systems like the Delco IV/V are better for keeping control, NOT for shorter stopping distances. Still, just about all ABS systems can outbrake ~99.99% of the drivers out there. Plus, keeping the car straight and in control is often of more importance.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Because the master cyl is totally different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts