Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've ordered what i believed to be all the parts necessary to complete the bullitt intake swap but when comparing different lists there are lots of parts missing out of each one....some are missing some important things, like wise others are missing important things

for instance on the list I used in comparison to another one I was missing roughly 10 items yet on that list they were missing some very important parts that list i used had.

getting very confusing.

Does somebody out there have a definite list that they have used and completed the swap? I'm looking to do a full swap with every part necessary rather than fabricating my own

I really appreciate all the lists people have compiled and it has been a HUGE help...i just want to make sure I have it all right the first time and dont have to order parts to get my car back on the road

So far i've ordered EVERYTHING on this list

Intake Manifold (Main) – (2r3z-9424-AB)
Intake Manifold (Upper) – (2R3Z-9A589-DA)
Throttle Body – (2R3Z-9E926-AB)
Throttle Cable – (1R3Z-9A758-BA)
Throttle Control Bracket – (1R3Z-9728-BA)
T/B Gasket – (F7LZ-9E936-AA)
Air Inlet Tube – (1R3Z-9B659-CA)
Cruise Control Cable – (1R3Z-9A825-DA)
Alternator Bracket – (2R3Z-10153-AA)
Bullitt/Cobra/Mark8 Alternator – (YR3Z-10346-AARM)
Bullitt Fuel Rails – (2R3Z-9F792-BA)
Spacer/gasket for between upper and lower intake – (2R3Z-9E930-AA)
"L" bracket - (2R3Z-9J444-AA)
Bullitt EGR tube - (1R3Z-9D477-CA)
Bullitt water neck/T-Stat inlet housing - (F8AZ-8575-BA)
Bullitt trim pack: upper radiator hose - (1R3Z-8260-DA)
Bullitt trim package crankcase -ventilation tube assembly - (1R3Z-6C324-AA)
IAC (idle air control) valve inlet tube - (2R3Z-9H308-BA)
Plug 3/8” - (W705279-S309)
Hose Assembly (Runs under the intake – Bullitt part) – (2R3Z-18663-CA)
Valve Cover Assembly (98 GT) – (F6AZ-6582-JA)
Valve Cover Assembly (98 GT) – (F6AZ-6582-HA)
Jumper for rear cross-over – (1R3Z-18472-DA)

can anybody see some things that i will definitely need

thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just from looking over your list I noticed the valve covers. I'm assuming you have a 99GT, with that in mind 98 valve covers won't work on the 99-00GT, but on the 01+'s. Your going to have the cut the oil fill tube down so the plastic intake tube will have clearace to connect too the throttle body. Also don't forget about the alt plug adapter so you can run the cobra style on your GT. But other than that your list looks pretty good after my quick read over.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
so the valve covers I have will NOT WORK??

any idea what the part number for the alternator plug adapter is?

after cutting down the oil fill spout are there still threads to screw the top on or how did you go about that?

** On a positive note, sending those valve covers back would save me some $300+Canadian **

·
Registered
317 Posts
If you have a 99 GT the 98 valve covers won't work. They have different bolt patterns and won't work.

For the alt plug adapter go too http://www.pa-performance.com/categories.asp Then click on Ford under the wire/plug categories. Then go too page two, and at the bottom the plug for the bullitt swap will be there.

The easiest way is too take off the passanger side valve cover and cut the fill tube in the middle. Then grind it down so only a short section sticks up (make sure it's still wide enought too fit a hose clap on). Then use a hose clamp to connect the two sections together, or use some epoxy and glue the two sections back together.

Here what it looked like(note how the oil fill tube is under the intake tube. One down side is you need too remove it too get too the oil fill cap too changer your oil.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks for the response Chris,

I had just posted a new thread about this very thing at the same time

One more thing .....is that alt. plug adapter @ PA Performance a ford peice that was on the bullitt or did PA Perf. make it up specifically for the swap...

basically what im trying to figure out is if its an actual ford part

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The PA plug is not a "Ford" part. Yes you can use the stock bolts, if I remember corretly I only had to get one additional bolt. I wouldn't waste any $'s on valve covers. Just cut the tube down and get a cap for it. My brother made me a sweet aluminum one. I think that your list is pretty good but there are a few things you can work around. For example I would scrap the EGR garbage, it makes the engine look better, saves money, and doesn't effect driveability! Shoot me a regular email and I can send you the complete list and what is really needed. It is a pretty easy install. Later Ron Here is mine since everyone is showing pics:)

G

·
Ok...valve covers aside. Has anyone except Bill gotton around the tube under the intake? I am scheduled to have a new one in by this monday (Jun3). Any work arounds? Advice?:confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.