Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my supercharger and powerpipe setup installed, and without the belt on, the car runs like CRAP. We made no other changes to the setup, except for relocating the MAF in the fender.

I played around with clocking the meter, and it made a BIG difference. I didn't want to mess around with trying to find the perfect clock position (since it seemed to make a fairly big difference, just turning it an inch), so I called C&L.

They told me that I needed "10 inches of straight run from the meter, into the powerpipe". So I installed a 3" diameter PVC extension pipe between the air meter and the power pipe. That didn't make any difference. I still had to "clock" the meter. 12 oclock ran like hell, but 11 o clock was a whole different world.

What's up with that?!

Does having the K&N filter bolted to the end of the mass air meter hurt anything? Any suggestions for getting this just right, before I belt up the supercharger and try for a blown headgasket? :)

--Ed

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
1FSTCAT said:
I recently got my supercharger and powerpipe setup installed, and without the belt on, the car runs like CRAP.
This could be your problem. My engine hates trying to pull air through the compressor without the impeller spinning.

·
Registered
423 Posts
my 80c&l works great on my car clocked at about 2 with my pipe, had to lean it out a little,my 73 was a little touchy with my stock vortech setup never tried it with my pipe. wich meter do you have?

·
Registered
540 Posts
My C&L maxed out at 5 volts at 4800rpm, had to order a Pro-M. The Pro-M was installed and also maxed out at 5 volts at 4800, so it was sent back for recalibration. Recalibration is the benefit of a Pro-M. My tuner told me that they have a lot of problems tuning blown C&L cars.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I had the same problem with my 73mm C&L...added a chip...no help...(I didnt know about clocking)...swapped in a 80mm Pro-M....same problem...pulled the chip with the Pro-M...same problem....finally clocked the meter to about 2 o'clock.....problem FIXED.

My car would start and run...but after 5 minutes it would surge and stall every time I stopped. And when I say surge...I mean 250rom up to 2500 rpm...then it would die...EVERY STOP

So I dont know if the C&L would have been okay clocked or not...but clocking made ALL the difference on my car with the Pro-M.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts