Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have kind of a newb question, how do you change your mass air to 24 lbs injectors? Is it the MAF that does it or do you need to change the piece that screws in on top of the MAF? And if I went with a Cobra Intake, 73mm mass air, and 24lb injectors would I need to upgrade spark? Any help appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
You can purchase a meter from C&L that uses the stock calibrated computer. All you would do is pull off the meter "Black piece that says FORD" etc and screw it onto the C&L unit with a 24lbs. sample tube from C&L. Plug it back in and it should work.

OR

Purchase a Pro-M meter that is already programed for 24lbs. injectors. No need to upgrade the spark either. The stock plugs and coil will be fine. I don't think you will need 24lbs injectors though with just the intake and 73mm MAF. Wait till your making a little more power than that. stock 19's should be ok for now.

-Rob-
:evil:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Aftermarket mass air meters do the calibration for larger fuel injectors. C&L uses changeable sample tubes with the stock electronics in their meter housing. Pro-M has calibrated electronics with their housing. You don't need 24lb until you are in the 300 hp range. You are are not going to need them without heads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts