Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 88gt and was looking for the exact list of parts or diagrams to convert from speed density to mass air?
I already have a 89gt with everything I just want to make sure i get evrything off the car when i part it out.
I know someone ahs got to have this info.
Please either respond or email me [email protected]

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
120 Posts
You could buy the harness and instructions from IST (Interactive Systems technologies) I used their kit to convert my brothers 88 GT to mass air. You will just need the computer, mass air meter, bracket and air inlet hose assembly from the 89. The rest is wiring. Some pins will have to be changed on your computer plug, and some wires will have to be run to the transmission and the fuel pump relay. I think their wiring kit costs about $30.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coversion

Thanks for info. I should have everything I need on the car, beacuse I have the complete car. You wouldn't still have copy of instructions would you? If you do email me [email protected]
Thanks for info

·
Super Moderator
4,771 Posts
Re: mass Air conversion???? Parts???

philc 88gt said:
I just bought a 88gt and was looking for the exact list of parts or diagrams to convert from speed density to mass air?
I already have a 89gt with everything I just want to make sure i get evrything off the car when i part it out.
I know someone ahs got to have this info.
Please either respond or email me [email protected]

Thanks
Phil
The 1988 and 1989 engine harnesses are a direct swap. No need to cut or splice anything. If it were me I'd have everything out of the '89 and into the '88 in about a couple of hours. I upgraded my '88 GT piecing together parts and wiring up my own MAF harness. You're lucky. What are you going to do with the speed density harness when you swap it out? Don't cut any of it up because someone else who made know how to rewire for MAF might want it.

Helmut Roner
1988 GT

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
MenolaLX said:
You could buy the harness and instructions from IST (Interactive Systems technologies) I used their kit to convert my brothers 88 GT to mass air. You will just need the computer, mass air meter, bracket and air inlet hose assembly from the 89. The rest is wiring. Some pins will have to be changed on your computer plug, and some wires will have to be run to the transmission and the fuel pump relay. I think their wiring kit costs about $30.
Where can i get one of those wiring harnesses? It is the only peice i am missing for my Mass Air Conversion

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
As said, I would pull the whole harness out of the mass air car and swap it all to the SD car....then you have a full unmolested harness to sell to someone and no hassles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts