Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read as much as I could trying to find an answer and I find differing opinions. I have a 1967 with front marker lights which everyone knows weren't added until 1968. I've been told by some that toward the end of 1967 they had everything in place to add them for 1968 and just started to add them to the final remaining 1967's. I would love your opinion on that scenario. For those who consider it some sort of taboo to have marker lights on a 67 well, I am not really concerned about whether it is technically correct, just if anyone knows if it seems legit. There are a lot of things that are not original but I still LOVE the car. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Although it is possible to have the marker lights on a '67, it's also possible that the fenders were changed by a prior owner, unless you are the original purchaser.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I had a 67 coupe years ago, front clip was gone but all the wiring was there for side marker lights. the rest of the car was remarkably original. I never dug too deep for information on why the extra wiring was there.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Besides the markers being added for 68, the side scoops are different from a 67. I can’t see Ford changing the tooling just to modify the 67 q panel for markers at the end of a model year and I can’t see Ford putting on 68 q panels on 67’s at the end of the model year.

I’m sure Ford did have a stock pile of 68 parts ready to go. In fact at the end of 67 Ford ran out of 289 blocks and started to use 302 blocks destined for the up coming 68’s. These 302 blocks had 289 cranks and rods at the end of 67

1 - 6 of 6 Posts