Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a 8.8 out of a Mark VII, my ? is can I convert it to drum brakes and install reg stang axles since I know the Mark is longer not in the housing but in the axels. My housing is bad so this is why I'm trying to do this. thanks

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
The Mark 7 rear will be missing the quad shock brackets. If you dont mind losing them, then you shouldnt have any problem using the housing.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ive got an 81 LIncoln housingn in my 90 LX with 94 cobra brakes and Fox length axles. No problems. No quad shocks as mentioned above,but dont chuck the swaybar like I did.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies. I will be using the stock drums and axles off my other 8.8 onto the mark VII thanks again Andel

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
jsut swapped one in mine. :) goodluck!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
all you have to do is use the backing plate and lines from the mustang, i did my turbocoupe rear and left the backing plate wheel cylinders and all wired up. didn't even have to take the shoes off, just the 4 bolts that hold the backing plate on. Just take the rear diff cover off, push the axles in, pull the c clips with a magnet then pull the axles out then go to town on the backing plates. i did mine with a friend in 2 1/2 hours altogether. a tranny jack is really helpful.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for that info. Andel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts