Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a question, when i bought my 94 Cobra the previous owner had put the March Underdrive pulleys on it. I've also read that from the factory the Cobras had different pulleys to begin with. Are the March Pulleys better anyway and should i just let it be or should i swap back to the factory cobra pulleys which i also have with the car. Thanks alot any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Since you have the aftermarket ones on, I'd leave them, unless you are having cooling or charging problems. You will get a few horsepower from aftermarket underdrive pulliesn on a 94/5 5.0 Cobra, but not nearly the jump that you would get from adding them to a GT, because the stock Cobra ones are slightly underdriven from the factory.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Re: March Underdrive Pulleys on 94 Cobra?

YouveBeenBIT94 said:
Hey i have a question, when i bought my 94 Cobra the previous owner had put the March Underdrive pulleys on it. I've also read that from the factory the Cobras had different pulleys to begin with. Are the March Pulleys better anyway and should i just let it be or should i swap back to the factory cobra pulleys which i also have with the car. Thanks alot any help is much appreciated.
Keep the March pullies...just look at the size difference of the crank pulley(where 90% of your power from pullies comes from). The March should be waaaaay smaller....

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
duplicate post on my part, sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts