Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so im stuck on a conversion, it has me at a stop. I have too many 95’s, and i have a 95 v6 with no premium upgrades, just basic. The 95 v8 i have has the fancy stuff, mach 460, power doors, locks and such.. when i removed the dash for the black interior, i noticed a difference. Every wire has been plug and play, but the driver door. Theres the usual connector, and then theres the other. The v6 contains a 10 pin pigtail, the v8’s second pigtail had 12. So far the harness has no noticeable difference, but what are my options?

· Registered
419 Posts
The v6 cars with manual windows and locks only had wiring for the speakers and power mirrors. If you have all the wiring for power windows and locks, swap it over with the other components.

I swapped doors from a 96 cobra to my 95 GTS. The wiring was a nightmare, connectors from 96 didn't match 95 connectors, had to do some re-pinning and never did get the power locks to function.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would i be able to fuse in a hard wire from the battery, to a toggle, then splice out to the 12v part of each switch? I think most the wiring is ran to the rke module in the trunk of the v8. Im unsure of how to do the power locks, but im trying to also get a diagram to properly work around this nightmare

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, the bundle of wires that go from the kick panel, the plug with the 10mm bolt, that runs through the rocker panel of the driver floor to the trunk(rke) be able to be swapped out?

· Registered
419 Posts
If you have all the wiring harnesses and components, should be able to just swap them over. My Gts did not have remote entry or anti-theft, so no wiring for any of these.
Wiring diagrams are a must have.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just cut open some of the harness it looks like it's a part of the bundle that goes to the trunk. Going to cut open more and see about pulling the only plug I need rather than the million wires

1 - 8 of 8 Posts