Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 86 doesn't have a PS pump anymore w/ the new setup. I did however remove some-300+ lbs from the front of the car. Since the car is going to see very little street duty, I figured I would just remove the cooler/lines/pump and run the power rack w/o any fluid, etc.

However, now I am wondering if it would be worth it to swap in a manual rack? What's needed for the swap and where should I look (junkyards?) -- what cars had manual steering that fits fox Stangs? What about the steering rods and control arms?

·
Registered
665 Posts
woo....300lbs is A LOT to remove from the front..what all have you got rid of? I just left the basics and I didnt get rid of that much.

I went with the FR manual rack and didnt need anything extra that didnt come with the kit...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tubular K-member, removed front bumper and supports, AC, PS, drag wheels/skinnies, and actually it'll be more like 450 lbs when the bare aluminum motor/aluminum heads are swapped in...

The goal with this car is 2200 lbs dry, 2350 with me in it and helmet, etc. I think it'll be damn close, look stock, but the dash is gutted as is all the insulation, etc. Pretty spiffy.. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts