Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
manual rack ratio's??? help me out here>

i have to ditch the power steering in my street car, no way around it. It is not a drag car, but a street car with 17x9 rims, sway bars, springs, etc...its more of a hangling car.
What ratio should i get? 15:1 ? i know flaming river makes a few for mustangs..anyone else using a manual rack for a NON- drag application?
-thanks

·
Registered
506 Posts
I can't help answer your question but I would like to tag along on your thread. I just ordered a 15.1 quick ratio rack (flaming river). Since I'm going for a handling set up it seemed the way to go. I would like input on how hard it will be to turn with the manual rack. I'm running 235/45 17's up front. Hopfully some guys will chime in.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I run a manual with 20:1 (it's from an '82) and it's purely a street car. It's got a firmer feel, but I don't mind it. The wheel is harder to turn when you are still, but once you are moving, it's not that bad - just feels like a bit firmer than some front wheel drive cars. I also run 245/45-17's on 8.5x17" wheels and it's fine.

·
Registered
539 Posts
jrgoffin said:
I run a manual with 20:1 (it's from an '82) and it's purely a street car. It's got a firmer feel, but I don't mind it. The wheel is harder to turn when you are still, but once you are moving, it's not that bad - just feels like a bit firmer than some front wheel drive cars. I also run 245/45-17's on 8.5x17" wheels and it's fine.
did you get it out of a 82 fox and were you able to use that steering shaft to

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.