Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , my friend has a 2000gt and he went and hit a deer , oh and I guess I should say that he has not even had the car a month,, so yup he cried like a baby ...

But my question and need is that he is getting a 01 gt hood , it has the hood scoop and we want to make if fully functional and I need a step by step, i remember someone posted this either on this site or stangnet and it even had pictures , we will need to start working on this asap , , if any body has the link or know how to do this and has pictures ,,, PLEASE PLEASE let me know ,, if you can post them here my e-mail address is [email protected]

·
Registered
292 Posts
there are a few companies that sell a kit, CDC and banshee come to mind. Otherwise you could just cut out the insert from the hood, remove the black thing with the horse on it and you should see where the hole should go, although this will nothing but maybe cool down your engine a little.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
hood

I opened my hood up what color is his car ?? there are 7-8 bolts on the under side of the hood hidden behind heat sheild. unscrew all the nuts from there then pull up on the hood scoop. it is has 3m double sided tape on it. the bolt in the front of the insert keep it do not break the insert off the hood scoop or else the hood scoop will break off where it is bolted down from wabbling when the air hits it, like mine started to do. use a drummle and cut all the way around the edge up to the bolt, if i where you i would get a small gt emblem and have it rivited to each side of the bolt so it looks nice that takes car of the honey comb insert. You can use a drummle to cut out where the hood is just remember this is all right above the throttle body and a few other electronic components. Here is a web site that you can use to get a ram air kit for it.

www.karkraft.com

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got the Kar Kraft kit about 2 years ago and I'm happy with it. However, I do not think they sell the kit anymore. Check my installation site for the details. Maybe you could make sometthing similar out of sheet metal or fiberglass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts