Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99gt with the magnapack cat-back i'm debating wich o/r H or X to go with. I'm thinking of a PROCHAMBER or one of the many x's(VRS,DR.GAS,BASSANI,MAGNAFLOW) any thoughts or comments would help, also sound clips.

THANKS

·
Registered
249 Posts
The cardinal rule usually is that you match H pipes with chambered mufflers and X pipes with straight through mufflers! So following that rule you should get an X pipe!!

Now I personally had an 01 GT with the Prochamber and Magnapacks and thought it sounded just find - now from what I have read a Prochamber is kinda of a merge of an X and H pipe and I never had any complaints! ;)

Hope this helps

·
Registered
103 Posts
AtlanticBlue...I have an off road bassani x pipe for sale if you decide to go that route. It is for 99+ GT/Cobra 5 speeds (part #4699-2)...email me at [email protected] if interested.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i know this is kind of difficult, but can anyone describe the sound of the offroad x, w/ magnapacks. a lot of people compare it to a nascar sound, which could be cool, but i don't want it sounding like a ricer with bigger balls. thanks.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I personally think the X pipe?Magnapack setup up doesnt sound that well. Dont get me wrong it is loud, but it is very raspy and tinny sounding. With an H pipe its much deeper and makes the car sound very mean. Trust me, i have the o/r H and magnapaks and it is outright insane sounding, i love it. Here is what it sounds like on an H:

http://www.geocities.com/daveargentino2000/MysticCobraDudeSounds/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts