Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, I bought a MAGNAPACKS kit and it arrived today. I'm wondering should I stay with 2 Chamber Flows or Install the MAGNAPACKS? I'm having 2nd thoughts about it now! I wanted my exhaust a little louder but don't want to sacrafice the deep tone of my exhaust for anything raspy. Performance is 2nd to sound on my Stang so I love my Flows for that. The brand new Magnapacks kit is up for sale to anyone interested but I just wanted to know what you all though and could you somewhat give me advice on what to do? Thanks

15677 Magnapacks kit for 96-98 GT/Cobra 3.5" Tips

·
Registered
167 Posts
I love the sound of my "packs". They are quiet at idle with a little rumble and get louder as the rpm increase. Not raspy at all. Of course my setup isn't the average though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
im guessing you have never heard MagnaPAcks in person, im sorry for that!

Install them, you will love them, unless you like the flows and how they sound like every other mustang with an exhaust on the street, The Packs are unbelievable! PERIOD

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had the packs installed a few weeks ago and I love them. It gives the 4.6 some pep and the fact that you can see straight through them I would guess that they are among the highest flowing muffler out there. Do it right the first time and get the packs IMHO. If you add some unnatural induction then you will see a few more ponies then you would with the flows.. Im in the middle of getting car fixed up and haven't drove for 2 weeks.. I am waiting for a o/r X pipe bc I was stupid enough to sell the stock H thinking that my X would be in "tomorrow" Still no X :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I never really heard them in person but I checked out that one site mustangexhaust.com, the sound clips on there wasn't clear enough for me to figure out if I liked it or not. In some of the sound clips I heard sort of a popping noise from them when dropping in RPM's! I like the look of the MagnaPacks and I can see the performance will be better but with me not hearing them in person I'm a bit confused! lol

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well guys I just sold the MagnaPacks to another member on the Corral. Hopefully he'll put them to good use and rid me of the decision making process. I really can't see the catback giving me that much more RWHP over my setup now with long tubes on a NA motor! Like they say, you can never go wrong with Flows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts