Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got done installing my Magnaflow cat back system today (P/N # 15638). I have a question for those of you who have this system. Are the hangers on the back on the actual Magnaflow mufflers the exact same for BOTH mufflers?? One of mine looks identical to the hanger on the factory muffer and one looks different (more straight, without the curve). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The Magna-Flows should come with two sets of hangers. One set is straight for the 99+ cars and the other set is curved for the 96-98 cars.
Marc

·
Registered
176 Posts
No, they should be different. If you are talking about the hangers on the ends of the mufflers themselves. One should be angled more than the other. It helps them line up because the H or X pipe you use are of different lengths. This makes the tailpipe center itself over the axle:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I am talking about the hangers that are welded onto the rear of the mufflers. One of them looks identicle to the factory one and one is slightly longer and with more of a 45 degree angle. Does this sound right???

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's how mine were:)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Sorry guys,
I had a brain hiccup. You said muflers, I heard tailpipes.
The mufflers have the hangers the guys described.
Marc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts