Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I have it. I had my doubts about it at first but after installing and using it I will stand behind it. All I have to say is, if you are thinking about buying it... just do it (to coin an overused phrase)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Good product, good support. Buy it.

Todd

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Also, if you are going to put in a shift light, then get the Mafterburner Plus. In addition to giving you two settings (one for street and one for strip), it will also drive a shift light. The "Plus" is that you don't need pills to drive it, and you can set the light to come on where ever you want.

If you are under warrentty, you can hook up the bypass so the Ford Tech won't see it through the ODB II port (if you have a chip, the tech will see a code on his scanner that tells him there is a chip present). He will have to remove the kick panel and look for the physical ties into the wiring harness.

Finally, the added bonus is having the developer here on the board for help. {cha-ching}

I agree, it's a good thing to do.

·
Registered
811 Posts
INeed2BuyASTANG said:
Do any of you guys have it.

Let me know what the deal is.

Thanks.
Oooooohhhh, I have one and I love it! :p

MJ

P.S. Okay, so I'm a little biased....... :evil:

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Don't pay any attention to that MJChip guy. He IS biased.

I do all my air fuel ratio control with the MAFterburner Plus. Also my nitrous sytem activation control and overall air fuel ratio while on the juice.

I have had chips, have a TwEECer installed now, and I still use the MAFterburner to tune the car. Why? It's dead simple, has proven to be totally reliable, and the hardware will do what I need it to do with the nitrous system, which most chips can't do nearly as effectively. It's just a lot easier than dealing with any other way of doing what I need to do with the engine.

I made 105 passes in 2002. I got my MAFterburner early in the year and its still there.

I've since added an eFPC to help eliminate a fuel pressure control problem that is unique to the returnless system when running a wet nitrous system. I've just started playing with it.

Joe Lynch

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've got one and all I can say is it works, and tech support is top notch. Every other vendor on earth needs to take notes on how Mark treats each and every customer.

·
Formerly known as 302Quest
2,809 Posts
let me put it this way
if it stays in my sig it doesn't suck
i give it a big

as well as for the support and commitment mark gives..
~J

·
Registered
45 Posts
MJCHIP - I have a 03 Cobra with mods in my sig. I just got a wideband dyno and I am concerned about my A/F ratio. I start out at arount 15.5 A/F ratio at 2500 RPMs and do a slow but steady drop to 12.5 at 6500 RPMs. Am I a prime candidate for the MAFterburner and can it bring me down to safer ranges without going too rich up high? I DO NOT want to install an aftermarket chip if I can get away without it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Slim98Cobra said:
Does the MAFterburner work with pre-99 cobras or no. Will it provide me with any gains on a N/A 98 Cobra. with bolt-ons.

Slim
Yes, the MAFterburner will work on pre-99 Cobras. In fact it will work on any vehicle with analog MAF.

As far as getting gains, it depends highly on what your WOT air/fuel curve looks like now. Have any dyno sheets showing air/fuel? If so, post 'em.

MJ

·
Registered
811 Posts
DD2000GT said:
MJCHIP - I have a 03 Cobra with mods in my sig. I just got a wideband dyno and I am concerned about my A/F ratio. I start out at arount 15.5 A/F ratio at 2500 RPMs and do a slow but steady drop to 12.5 at 6500 RPMs. Am I a prime candidate for the MAFterburner and can it bring me down to safer ranges without going too rich up high? I DO NOT want to install an aftermarket chip if I can get away without it.
Hey there,

If you don't have a pulley then yes the MAFterburner will work great on your car. Based on the mods in your signature, if you are running 12.5:1 at 6500rpm and don't have a pulley or chip, that is caused by the Densecharger. We have been finding out that the D/C skews the MAF curve and causes the car to lean out. This can easily be corrected with the MAFterburner.

However, if you do have a pulley or plan on adding one what you want is our eFPC product not the MAFterburner. The reason is driven by changes in the PCM code for the '03 Cobra. You are a PRIME candidate for the Afterburner-eFPC. Take a look at this:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27914

Jon, just installed and tuned his '03 with the eFPC in order to enrichen the bottom end and slightly lean out the top end for more power. Jon has a 3.2" pulley.

Ping me at: [email protected] if you have any questions.

Best,

MJ

·
Registered
45 Posts
MJ - you have mail...

·
2,809 Posts
i had no problem following the directions and splicing it into the stock wiring harness, the only problem i had was dropping a socket into the hole in the frame under the wiring harness...
it rattles and clanks every now and again, i gotta find that thing :D
~J

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Might I suggest using a magnet on a flexible shaft? Should be in every toolbox. Only a buck or two at most auto parts stores. Much cheaper than a psych evaluation.
:evil:

If that doesn't work, then try turning up the volume on the radio.
:lol:

·
2,809 Posts
i'll find it one of these days.. till then i'm crankin the radio... much to the dismay of the neighborhood. :evil:
~J

1 - 17 of 17 Posts