Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have set up a group purchase through the help of Mark Chiappetta(mjchip) with Sean Hyland Motorsport for the Mafterburner and the Mafterburner Plus. The prices are $250 for the Mafterburner and $310 for the Mafterburner Plus. If you need more info on the products, you can go to www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/mafterburner . To get in on this GP an e-mail has to be sent to [email protected] with Corral.net Group Purchase in the subject line. The GP will last for one month and we need 10 units total sold to get in on the pricing. Mark is a top notch guy and will be glad to answer all of your questions, as will I, if you have any. Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well crap; I just bought mine.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1996LASARREDCOBRA said:
what is this mafterburner and what does it do i may be interested

The mafterburner lets you tune you own a/f ratio through the use of a laptop. I figure if you already have a timing adjuster and the mafterburner, then you would not need a chip, just get on the dyno and tune your car yourself.

·
Registered
679 Posts
How much of a discount is this?I might get one I think it will help after my cams go in.What's the reg. price and how long till we can get them and when and who do I pay?THANKX

JOEL

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joel, the regular price for these are $300 for the mafterburner and $360 for the mafterburner plus. I am not quite sure on who and when to pay, I sent in my e-mail and will let you know any information when I get some in. Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just sent an email stating my interest in the Mafterburner Plus.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Other GP Details

Hi guys,
I got a few emails already asking a little more info on how this was going to work.
Cost:
MAFterburnerTM - $250
MAFterburner Plus+TM - $310

GP price is for 10 units total.

Payment to be made in full by either Visa or Mastercard, payment via Money Order or Certified Check must be recieved no later than the end of the group purchase.

Shipping $8.00 continental USA via UPS

End Date: June 15, 2002

Email [email protected] Subject: Corral.net Group Purchase
Make sure you indicate which unit you want to register for.

After the first ten units are registered, payment details will be sent in case the person is paying by money order/cheque.

Full support and warranty still applies to this GP.

There are a few links down on the MAFterburner website that I haven't been able to fix because we're switching servers and I'm in a freeze window right now, but I'll try to get it fixed for the weekend. Next week there will be a support forum placed on the website as well for users of the MAFterburner.

Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Other GP Details

stangin247 said:
Hi guys,
I got a few emails already asking a little more info on how this was going to work.
Cost:
MAFterburnerTM - $250 (Minimum Purchase 10)
MAFterburner Plus+TM - $310 (Minimum Purchase 10)

Thanks

I was told by Mark that it was a minimum of 10 units total to get the price, not 10 of each. If you could please clarify that for me it would be apprciated. Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
480 Posts
Re: Re: Other GP Details

I hope you are right, cause I added my name. At 10 each that may not happen. :eek:

greensnake97 said:

I was told by Mark that it was a minimum of 10 units total to get the price, not 10 of each. If you could please clarify that for me it would be apprciated. Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
811 Posts
stangin247 said:
The GP will be for 10 total, so register for either one, need 3 more people for the GP price.

Cheers
There you have it folks! Only 3 more units necessary to get the GP price.

Thanks SHM!

Mark Chiappetta

·
Registered
277 Posts
Who needs a dyno? Just have a friend sit in the passenger seat with the laptop :D

Lon

·
Registered
811 Posts
97GTConvt said:
Who needs a dyno? Just have a friend sit in the passenger seat with the laptop :D

Lon
This will work and is a good way to tune driveability (along with using a scan tool like Autotap) BUT you can not tune for maximum power this way. You REALLY need at the very least a wideband-O2 sensor to do this safely. I use both wideband O2 and EGT thermocouples (pyrometers) as well as plug reading to tune WOT on my car. This is always done on a dyno in my case.

Mark

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TTT for the people who haven't seen this yet.:D

·
Registered
455 Posts
whats the difference between the two? (Mafterburner and Mafterburner Plus). I checked the website and FAQ's but didn't find anything.

·
Registered
204 Posts
nitz said:
nevermind.. found it
Can you tell me where you are looking for this info????

1 - 20 of 121 Posts