Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the MAC cold air kit mainly because of the of the straight shot to the inner fender. So what MAF will work best with it and how much hp do you guys usually see? Thanks.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Im useing the pro-m 75mm bullit with my MAC cold air induction. I Have had no problems with it and there is a noticeable improvement in performance. Some peole claim a 10-15 hp gain with aftermarket MAF on cobras.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I concur with 94svt5.0. I gained 18hp and 20ft-lbs of torque with a Pro-M Bullet and a homemade CAI that was straight. I put a bend in front of it, and the A/F ratio went to hell. I didn't try to rotate the MAF, so I don't know if that would have fixed the problem. The Bullet was calibrated for a CAI. Make sure you go with one calibrated for 19# injectors.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I told Pro-M that I had the MAC cold air induction and they calibrated the MAF for the cold air induction and the elbow bend before the MAF. No problems so far.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Follow 94svt5.0's advice and you'll be set. If you try to use one that is not calibrated for your set up, it will be hit or miss. Spend the extra couple of dollars to get a MAF that is properly calibrated (meaning that it will likely cost $199 from Pro-M, but $169 from Joe's Speed Shop.)

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you order straight through Pro-M or from any speed shop, like Houston Performance? I remember that's where I bought the one that was on my Procharged '94, which was a POS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts