Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'm puttin a 5.0 HO out of an 87 into a Jeep and i got a MAF what else is needed to convert to MAF I was gonna get a FMS harness. And a Computer what else do i need?

Basiclly
what is needed for a MAF conversion
where is the cheapest FMS harness

·
Registered
7 Posts
Basically, all you need is to call " Vedo" @ Total Performance and he will hook you up on a FMS harness 586-468-3710

I just got through putting a 5.0 HO in a '88 Ranger, and I had to convert from Speed density to Mass air, all I did was buy the Main harness, the Hego (O2 Harness) Harness, the Sensor package, and Mass air package.
You may allready have some of this stuff, but if you don't........trust me it's the way to go. Get the FMS stuff...........It makes life alot easier.
Here is a LINK to my truck.

Later, Jason

·
Registered
884 Posts
Check out Painless harness its all three harness in one for less than what ford harness will cost. plus they have elimated the smog pump Tad Tab sensers and purge valve from the system so the puter wont throw codes for them! I used a combo of 90 91 93 harness for my Chero with the motorsport manual. works Very well. but on my 54 vicky I bought a painless harness from ebay for $300 it is a much cleaner harness am also running a painless main harness for that car!
I you got the main harness with the 87 you can also modify it! They sell a conversion plug for it to convert it to mass air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts