Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what up everyone.

I took my 97 cobra motor apart due to knock. found the problem and now im in need of a machine shop. here is what i want done

-bore and hone for new pistons
-one bearing was messed up on the rods so the crank right there needs a little work.
-head, cleaned and decked
-all clearances checked.

ive been seaching for the past 2 days. i keep finding posts from like 2002-2005 for machine shops. i try to call them and either the number is no longer good or they dont know anything about this block.

i try telling them that a torque plate is needed for honing and they have never worked on a cobra block. so i wont trust them at all.

so please hook me up with some personal experience from a good machine shop around the long island area.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
S & K Speed in Lindenhurst does nice machine work. Not sure if they have a hone plate for your motor though. Give them a call and see.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the only place that is called Jack Merkle is in New Jersey. but im gonna call that number tomorrow and see whats up.

thanks for the input guys

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1720 Express Dr S
Hauppauge, NY 11788-5302

Get Directions
(631) 234-2600
gave them a call. good guy over there. prices are pretty good as well. He said they dont have a torque plate for the cobra's but if i bring in my motor he will either just buy one or definetly borrow one.

so this might be the shop.

i cant get a hold of anyone at S & K speed right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts