Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was only able to run 2 runs out there tonight because I forgot my helmet but the first run I ran was 8.320 1/8 1.79 60' @ 81.99 mph the 2nd was the best at 8.110 1/8 1.742 60' @84.33 mph I would have loved to race some of those F bodys out there but they wouldn't let me race anymore. there was one fast ws6 running high 7 I think that would have been the only one out there that would have beaten me in my catagory. The next thing on the list is getting new axles I dont know how much longer these stock one's will hold up running on slicks at 4.5k launch maybe an 8.0 in the future in an almost stock Mach1

what do you all think that would run in the 1/4 did the conversion online and it said 12.76 to 12.8something do you think this is right

·
Registered
2 Posts
Those are some respectable times for stock Machs for sure. I could only muster a 2.01 60ft with mine but I was happy for not even playing with the tire pressure. I firmly believe with just some bogarts and 26x10's, I could see some 12.80's for sure and its just as it left the showroom. These cars do surprise me.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Those mach's are definitly impressive. Dan, you say that you are almost stock...so what have you done?

<------has mach envy. :D

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,411 Posts
dan97gt2v said:
The next thing on the list is getting new axles I dont know how much longer these stock one's will hold up running on slicks at 4.5k launch maybe an 8.0 in the future in an almost stock Mach1
bah, you will be able to get many more launches at only 4.5k. Put 'er to the test and do some 6-7K launches. You will get that 8.0 your looking for. I've got over 25 launches at 6-7K and still going. You can upgrade when it breaks. ;) Just weld the axle tubes and torque boxes.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well the only thing I have done to it is a K&N and magnaflow catback everything else is stock. I dout my stock rear will hold to many more of those 4.5k launchs on slicks this thing just grabbs to hard I know those axles are going to go sometime soon so I'm going to rebuild it before it takes a crab on me at the line and I have to call a wrecker.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Great times for such little mods.My WS6 ran 8.18 @ 88.9 and went a [email protected] so you should be in the 12s.

My buddy "blown mistic" on here ran well into the tens with stock rear.He would let it fly @ 6000 and never broke anything.:confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts