Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I'm having a problem with my mach 460 stereo. Here is my problem: All four subwoofers just stopped working while I was driving yesterday. Today, they popping on and off once. I have no idea what happened. Here is what I checked: I checked both radio fuses, the high current one and low current. I checked all the wiring and it was fine. I even pulled out both amps (NOT fun at all) from the trunk and opened them up. Nothing was burnt up on the inside. I'm clueless. The Mach system more than satisfied my radio requirement, so I don't want to upgrade to anything. (I don't like those loud systems with booming bass) Any ideas?

·
Registered
323 Posts
There is a third amp in the console below the CD player. This amp has a crossover in it that sends the low notes to the trunk amps. Maybe the connection is bad there. Also check the connector below the driver side kick panel.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rapid said:
There is a third amp in the console below the CD player. This amp has a crossover in it that sends the low notes to the trunk amps. Maybe the connection is bad there. Also check the connector below the driver side kick panel.
Thanks man, the problem was the connector behind the kick panel. I didn't even know that was there. I'm not sure what to do about it though. One of the wires on the male side connector is crushed pretty bad (the all black one). It will work if you play around with it, but thats not a permanant solution. What do you suggest?

I wish I put this thread up before I went through the h3ll of removing those amps.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Do what I told this guy to do with cable wraps.
My 280Z broke down in your town a few years back, I had to get a tranny installed at the AAMCO in Scranton. You live in a very nice town. Biggest salvage yard i've ever been in is atop that hill overlooking Wilkes-Barre but they didn't have my tranny. I got it from the yard behind the aluminum boxcar lookin diner. People down here brag about southern hospitality but we got nuttin on your town, everyone was great.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rapid said:
Do what I told this guy to do with cable wraps.
My 280Z broke down in your town a few years back, I had to get a tranny installed at the AAMCO in Scranton. You live in a very nice town. Biggest salvage yard i've ever been in is atop that hill overlooking Wilkes-Barre but they didn't have my tranny. I got it from the yard behind the aluminum boxcar lookin diner. People down here brag about southern hospitality but we got nuttin on your town, everyone was great.

The connector you described seems bigger that the one I fooled with. The one I was working with was grey and not actually in deep behind the kick panel, but resting on a clip right behind it.

I live like 3 miles down the road (off the highway) from that boxcar diner. Yeah, the Salvage yard in Scranton (DeNaples) is pretty big, I got quite a few parts from that place. Lol, there is another one twice as big as the one in Scranton about 45 min. from where I live.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts