Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CD player quit working! It was playing fine this morning now you can put a CD in and it will sit there for apx 20 seconds and then go back to the tuner function. I am only playing store purchased CDs so there is no CDRW issues! I have tried different CDs and even for the hell of it, loaded CD upside down and it acted the same as if it were loaded normally. Its like it cannot read the CD anymore! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Where can I get another Mach 460 CD player if this one is bad? Can I interface an aftermarket in its place? I have been building sytems for years with aftermarket equipment but this one has got me stumped!! :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the same problem with my mach 460 cd player too! It worked fine when i bought the car in the end of March, and for the last month it hasn't worked at all. It is doing the same thing that you described and I've opened the whole thing up and cleaned the lens and checked to see if something came undone or loose. I put it all back together and it still won't play store bought or burned cds, but yet my tuner still works like a dream. As for getting another mach stereo system, you could probably find one at a junkyard or something.........if you find out what the problem is with your system, let me know so I can fix mine as well. Good luck man! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine started doing the same thing too !!
Thought about replacing it with an aftermarket deck where the tuner/tapedeck is now and pulling out the defective CD Player.
Do they make something that could go where the removed CD Player was ??

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you replace the stock tuner unit with an aftermarket cd player, I think you can replace the stock cd player unit with the tray that Ford puts in that spot on the basic model stereo, if you know what I'm saying. Hope that helps..........good luck

·
Moderator & USAF Reserve
1,513 Posts
97KsKobra said:
Mine started doing the same thing too !!
Thought about replacing it with an aftermarket deck where the tuner/tapedeck is now and pulling out the defective CD Player.
Do they make something that could go where the removed CD Player was ??
You can either buy the stock pocket from Ford, or most audio stores/Circuit city places sell the pockets as well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Pulling this one back out of the ashes. I just bought a '94 GT with the Mach 460 (single CD) sound system. It was buzzing but I did a search and found the problem to be in the driver's side kick panel harness. I was hoping this would fix the CD player but it still does not work. The previous owner said that when he had the car, the CD player started intermittently cutting out and then finally quit. Does anybody have any idea on where to start looking? Is the CD player fried or should I take it somewhere to get checked out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts