Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the stereo system is the factory Mach 460 system stock...every once in a while when starting the car (1 out of 10) the stereo has the motor whine coming threw the speakers..any info would help me out thanks......

·
Registered
658 Posts
same thing in my car, i read somewhere that the system needs to be grounded better

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There must be other people that have had this problem..... When you say a ground problem which ground(speaker,amp,radio):confused: :confused:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeah - I think its pretty common - but I really doubt its ground - at least not an external ground issue - perhaps there is a problem with grounding inside one of the components - It's annoying and I'm afraid my Mach460 has seen better days all around - the whole thing is getting pitched soon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I heard from some "inside" sources close to the person who designed the 460 that there was inadequate shielding on the cables running to the rear amps...don't know if it's true or not, but I do get a whine from my 460 setup. Love everything else about it after I changed the headunit, but the whine is annoying...

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Mine has a loud whine at idle and changes with RPM. The weird thing is at times it will totally go away, but it will come back randomly. The whine is so loud that I can't hardly listen to the stereo anymore. Anybody else got ideas?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Viper have you ever done any work around the stereo that involved you taking the dash off? Or have you cut into any wires to add accesories? If it is not grounded completely then you will get the whine.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
nope, the stereo is all stock, haven't had the dash off since i've owned it, but who knows with the previous owners?

·
Registered
323 Posts
This post helped me when I had engine whine in my Mach 460.
I pulled the Drivers kick panel and pushed together the biggest connector there and the whine quit. I put a small tie-wrap around each end of the connector and 2 big tie-wraps thru the small ones to cinch the connector together.
If it only makes this whine while the engine is running and is quiet in acc then look at this connector.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts