Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might be a stupid question for most of u.. but im kinda new to this.. i finally got sum money so i plan on doing a lot to this car. i just got a 1990 GT 25th anniversary edt. it's my first car and i love it. right now, i plan to do simple work on it. has anybody purchased tha MAC white gauge faces from Age Classic Design? and if so, do they illuminate at nite as in glow or brighten up? they have good prices and i think they'll be a good addition to tha car and bring a more sporty appearance to it. thanx people... later :confused:

·
Registered
453 Posts
I had MAC gauges and just like many others, the lighting was uneven. They are not the glow type. They use the dash lights. I even spliced additional lights to balance it out...No good. I went on ebay and typed "mustang glow gauges" and found a set from procar for $25! I did not like the fact that they were all white so I removed the mac gauges and cutout the white sections with a xacto compas blade and layed the black cutouts over the new white gauges, look great! Ill post a pic if you want...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah please please please post pix!!! i installed my mac white gauge faces about 2 weeks ago. and just like you said, the lighting is uneven, which pisses me off when im driving at night.. haha.. im thinkin of doing what you've done.. it would be really appreciated if u posted sum pix here... thanx!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes please do, I hate my MAC gauges in my 94 :mad: I think I'm just going to wait and get an Autometer tach and speedo for the cluster, since I already have replaced the small 4 gauges with Phantoms.

As for my 88, I was wondering why the ENTIRE panel was white, and up until now that my only option was to order some type of insert for the cluster. You came up with a great idea! :joy: I actually wanted to order the silver face gauges from Procarparts but they only make them for 140mph in 90-93:(

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got the MAC white faced gauges on my 97 and I got them from Pacifica performance heres a pic of how they look installed, I am sorry I don't have a pic of them at night but basically the needle is orange/red factory color and the numbers light up a blueish green color the light is a bit brighter on the gauges where the bulbs are directly underneath it but no biggy it pretty much looks even when the lights are switched onI am 100% happy with the quality and look of them and they were very simple to install, I know you have a fox body but you can get the basicidea of the way they look I hope this helps

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts