Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am going to sell my bassani x pipe and get a mac h pipe. Where is the cheapest place to buy a MAC off road h pipe? Which sounds better, just the h pipe or the pro chamber?

Will the h pipe sound good with straight through mufflers?

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have had an h and now I have an x with my dynomax straight thru's. The h was A LOT deeper and the x is raspier. You can have my mac h pipe (for a 98 GT) for a small fee :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will it fit a 2000 GT?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will call MAC in a minute. How much are you willing to part with it for?? Where do you live (trying to see how much shipping would be).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the 98 h pipe is different from the 00 h pipe (which I kinda figured). But oh well, thanks anyway.

Where is the best place to buy just a plain mac h pipe?

·
Registered
906 Posts
how about don't buy one. They are pieces of crap. If you are getting a normal o/r h pipe, get a BBK. TRUST ME...mac's are pieces of chit.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I have heard bad things about the quality and fit of both mac and bbk products. I wish there was a company that made high quality stainless steel h pipes.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well my .02

Sorry you seemed to have bad luck with MAC Rousch, but I have had my O/R H for over 2 years now and it was only the HTS coated one, and no rust yet. PERFECT fit, and sounds great, and was dirt cheap, just go to www.macperformace.com and buy one direct. Only thing is, dont use the gasket they send with it, for the passenger side. Re-use the stock one, its much better and reusuable.

Good luck, you will like the torque the H gives ya, better SOTP than the HP gains of a X pipe IMHO

·
Registered
150 Posts
Get a prochamber!!!!! F the H. Trust me, you will be very happy.

Sound is somewhere between x and H pipe with the benefits of both.

·
Registered
636 Posts
98Roush said:
how about don't buy one. They are pieces of crap. If you are getting a normal o/r h pipe, get a BBK. TRUST ME...mac's are pieces of chit.
:bs:

Sorry, dude. You're entitled to your opinion, but I had zero fit and finish issues with the Mac off-road h-pipe I bought.

Back to topic, check out JD's performance for a good deal on the h-pipe. I want to say mine was around $120 shipped.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Shoot, double-post.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got the economy pipe for $119 shipped from Cerra Racing they sponser the Corral so use them ;) Enter "corral" in the coupon code section and leave your corral username in the comments for %10 off.

The fit of the pipe was perfect. I got the economy pipe and just hit it up with some $5 1500* Hi-temp paint before I installed it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Dude, you callin BS on me is uncalled for. That wasn't BS. Think about it. Hmmm, let's see: Mac h pipe is a two piece. I know of 2 out of 3 people that use this pipe have had leaks at that spot. BBK is one piece. So there is one obvious reason why BBK is better. PLUS...all three of the owners of MAC pipes got theirs with no new hardware. BBK supplies new hardware whether you choose to use it or not. That's two reasons as if the FIRST ONE wasn't enough. I PERSONALLY have used BBK and MAC products and both have had their fitment issues. Choose whatever, and don't call BS when you are full of it in the first place. Have a nice day.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I love my Mac Pro Chamber. Mac H's come in two pieces for a reason. Depending on what headers and gaskets you have on, your header outbound pipes might not line up exactly the same distance from each other. Having the H in two pieces allows you to line up the connections just right so there's no leaks. I had no problems with mine, but a buddy of mine did. Want to know why? Incorrect installation. Not totally his fault, there was no directions, but we loosened everything, started first my making sure that the header connections were an exact seal, then worked our way backwards tightening all the connections. That's the right way to do it. If you tighten the h-pipe itself together first, odds are your connections won't mate exactly and you'll have leaks like he did. Also, don't use the passenger side carbon fiber gasket that comes with the pipe. Just use the stock metal one that came with your car, it's more durable and reseals without any problems. I've also got 0 rust on mine so far, although it hasn't been through a winter yet. BTW, the Pro-chamber with Mac Catback is about the deepest combo you can find for an exhaust, possibly even more bass than Bassani. You know it's all good when you've got guys on Harleys giving you thumbs ups! :evil: Hope this little write-up helps.

Lon

·
Registered
88 Posts
98Roush said:
I have had an h and now I have an x with my dynomax straight thru's. The h was A LOT deeper and the x is raspier. You can have my mac h pipe (for a 98 GT) for a small fee :)
What do you consider a "small fee"? :evil:
I may be interested...

·
Registered
636 Posts
98Roush said:
Dude, you callin BS on me is uncalled for. That wasn't BS. Think about it. Hmmm, let's see: Mac h pipe is a two piece. I know of 2 out of 3 people that use this pipe have had leaks at that spot. BBK is one piece. So there is one obvious reason why BBK is better. PLUS...all three of the owners of MAC pipes got theirs with no new hardware. BBK supplies new hardware whether you choose to use it or not. That's two reasons as if the FIRST ONE wasn't enough. I PERSONALLY have used BBK and MAC products and both have had their fitment issues. Choose whatever, and don't call BS when you are full of it in the first place. Have a nice day.
Yes, it is bull**** that you would go on a website like this categorically condemn an entire company's line as ****. Back it up, or don't say it. A more accurate and acceptable statement from you would have been "I had issues with the quality of fit and finish on the Mac h-pipe I tried. I liked the BBK better." Instead, you said:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 98Roush
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a technical description in the least.

Your issue with Mac being two piece vs. BBK's one piece doesn't hold water. See 97GTConvt's comments above for why it works well that way.

quote:
Originally posted by 98Roush
I PERSONALLY have used BBK and MAC products and both have had their fitment issues. Choose whatever, and don't call BS when you are full of it in the first place.

So, if both have their fitment issues, than why am I wrong for calling you on condemning their whole product line? In my opinion, the fact that the Mac comes in two pieces to ease the issue of fitment makes it a better value for the money. If you have leaks at the midpipe, do what I did, and weld it up after you've fit it to the car.

I would suggest that you review your comments before you make statements that could be considered in the legal arena as slanderous. All too often on these boards I see people condemning vendors based on an uninformed biased opinion, instead of openly reporting FACTS. If you can't have an informed reasonable discourse with others on the board and stick to the facts, then don't get upset when someone calls you on it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
you got way too much time on your hands. Anyways, go take some MIDOL and lay down for a bit.

By the way...you are saying that I am not reporting facts? Whatever dude, I listed myself and others that have had problems.

And, Go ahead, buy what you want. I am in the right with my posts. Legal arena? Dude, maybe you should take three MIDOL instead of two.

MAC prochamber and whatever = deepest exhaust? Ha, dude, there are a million setups out there and the prochamber may be deep but not the deepest. Ever heard side pipes w/ dynomax muff and h pipe? Probably not, then you would realize how the prochamber sounds like a metal bucket.

Im outta here and unsubrscribing cuz I am tired of people like you crying everytime a product get's dissed just becuase he or she has it and thinks it is "the best".

p.s. Don't forget your MIDOL and maybe you won't cry so much next time.

Peace out to all those who aren't freaks.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeesh, take it easy, you act like we're attacking your family or something. I was basing my statements on facts, and only giving my opinion without attacking anyone in particular.

Oh and btw, indeed I have heard sides, as well as dumps...

Lon

1 - 20 of 26 Posts