Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased long tube Mac headers and prochamber and produmps for my Coupe with the AOD. What are you guys results? What does the prochamber sound like? How do the headers fit with the AOD? Just throw in your $.02 Thanks Jake T.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hate Mac headers due to their gay individual flange style! I don't know about the prochamber though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the prochamber with the mac cat back and every body tells me my car sounds awsome. I deffinatlly picked up some top end to. StiLL I will never buy a mac product again. Tail pipes are about an inch and a half different lengths, mac wouldent exchange em. Ordered some mac header and they were total garbage sent them back.

Anywho, once you get it all on Im sure it will sound sweet. Might be a little loud with the dumps though.
later
CFM

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've been running mac lt's and off road h pipe for 4+ years. I have removed em' numerous times and never had problems getting em' back on. Loved the fit and quality I don't understand why people are so rough on MAC. Many BBK's I've seen have needed replacement after about 2 years of use. Not sure if they'll fit your AOD, probably would be wise to contact MAC before installing em'. I know it was a ****** putting mine on. Had to jack the motor up and remove the steering shaft. After that it was about 5 hours of wiggling em' in.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Mac products are nowhere even close to the top for quality manufacturers out there. They are cheap and affordable though which people on a limited budget are willing to sacrifice quality and fit for. Those that have good luck with Mac are in the minority. I would never use Mac exhaust products after the nightmare installs that people in my area have gone through. I have their white face gauges and they fit fine.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I've bolted on mac exhaust on every one of my four mustangs and never had a single problem. 4yrs on one of my systems and stills looks like new. Maybe all my mustangs are lucky mustangs, I guess. Oh and by the way, the flowpath system sounds way more manly than a flowmaster one. (opinon)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jake:

You've already bought the stuff--this is a question you should have asked BEFORE you spent the money. Now everybody's going to tell you that MAC is junk and you only get what you pay for, and you're going to feel bad about the whole deal. Making a buy and asking for validation is only really asking for headaches and and heartbreak. And if you decide that you don't want the stuff, good luck sending it back to MAC, where their customer service is, um, poor.

After hearing these opinions (and I share them), are you really going to be happy with MAC stuff on your car?

Just some friendly advice: next time, ask first, buy second...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've put MAC stuff on a bunch of different cars and only one time did i have a problem with the fit. I've seen and had many many more problems with other header manufactures than MAC.

I think the pro chamber is Too loud... and went to a Dr. Gas X pipe, which i would recommend to anyone. (I had to weld mine, not a bolt on)

NOT FLAMING OR SLAMMING ANYONE... Most people start with exhaust mods...I think some people on this board haven't had much experience doing installs and have when they have problems installing parts they assume that it is the manufacturer.

There are higher quality exhaust parts out there...

I will tell you this, install EVERYTHING LOOSE, then work from the headers to the tail pipes tightening the fastners.

·
Registered
433 Posts
ive had my longtubes and cat back for years great products imo did have to jack the motor up but not the steering shaft also it sounds great different than flows not sure about the fit on aod.

yeah alot of people are not mechanically inclined and end up getting fustrated with aftermarket parts i know everytime i hook up my car with something im always custom fabbing something or other no matter what.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I bought their catted H pipe. I had to cut out all of
the tubing in between the two sides to even get it
on, and then had to have a muffler shop cut & lengthen
the primary tubes to make everything line up between
the two sides so the H pipe and air tube would align
and could be welded back together.

I'm not real impressed with the coating that's on
the tubing, either, since a lot of it came off while
trying to get the pipe itself on.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I HAD Mac Longtubes with my AOD. I'm sorry to say this, but, have fun putting them on.:livid: :curses:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts