Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
US Navy Active Duty
652 Posts
Yes. I ran the MAC cai with my 73 for about a year without any problems.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just called C&L and he said it wouldn't work with it, and that I would run in to problems. He actually said I would be better off to go with Pro-M if I had a cai setup. I just looked at a pic and it doesn't seem to be flanged.

·
US Navy Active Duty
652 Posts
All I know is that I used it and had no problems with it. The 73mm bolted right up to the cai. I hear a lot of things about problems with the C&L working with cai or superchargers but I have been successful with both.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've had the Mac cold air induction kit and the 73mm C&L mass air meter for about a year and a half. So far I have not had any problems, and yes they bolted together perfect.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ok, well lets see..

I am a dealer for both MAC and C & L.. I would love to know how you can make them fit together.. The C & L Meter does NOT have a flange.. you know the thing with 4 bolts??? it has a slip fit design on both the inlet and the outlet so HOW could you bolt it right up>??? I have a C & L on my car (95 gt ) now and it is working a ton better than the pro m i just took off and sold.. I had a mac cold air kit bolted to the pro m but when i took it off i had to take the cold air kit off as well.. Just my .02..

·
Registered
283 Posts
Glad to know you are a dealer for Mac and C&L. Well this is the part # for the C&L meter on my 94GT (C&L 8A3301023). This unit is flanged (4 bolts you know). THis unit is a Vortech/C&L. I got it from Summit Racing awhile back for $125 plus shipping.

Thank you Mr.Mac/C&L dealer!:blam:

·
US Navy Active Duty
652 Posts
My C&L was also flanged on one side. So it bolted right up to the MAC cold air kit. The aft end of it has the slip fit design and the MAC kit had the rubber fittings that fit right over it. So like I said, my C&L fit perfect with the MAC cai.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yeah, what 'd we say!

:lol:

·
Registered
563 Posts
my c & l fits just fine as well.

·
Registered
795 Posts
all i can tell you is i just TRIED TO BUY ONE FROM C & L AND THE OWNER LEE told me they DO NOT MAKE A FLANGED METER AT ALL FOR THE SN95 94-95 Mustang!!!!! BECAUSE I tried to buy one so i would not have to get rid of my MAC cold air kit!!!!!! AND they do NOT show one on their web site either !!!! That is not to say that they might not have in the past but AT PRESENT... BUT, you can bet i will call him tomorrow and find out what is up!!

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Yes they do make a flanged 73mm maf it is available through summit as psrt number VOR-8A301-023 cost is 125.95 I know its flanged because I have one.

Application VOR-8A301-023 $125.95

This part fits the following applications:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make Model Engine Drive Train Year

FORD MUSTANG 5.0L 1994 -1995

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
multiple post sorry

·
Registered
175 Posts
The one on Summit.com is calibrated for 19lb. injectors. How do you go about getting that changed to 24? How much does that usually cost?

·
Registered
145 Posts
C&L MAF's have changable sample tubes. If you change the injector size, all you have to do is change the sample tube size. Also, I have the non-flanged C&L along with a Mac CAI. How you say? See all it takes is a small modification to the flanged end of the MAC and a rubber PVC fitting along with some clamps. You cut off the flange on the MAC, then connect the pipe to the front end of the NON-flanged C&L meter with a 3" rubber PVC connector. Quite simple really. I ran into the same problem when Mustangs Unlimited sent me a non-flanged meter...I wasn't about to throw away my cold air kit, so I modified it. It looks great and works great.

Mike Smith

·
Registered
533 Posts
The C&L (vortech) units just use the stock electronics I believe so it does not have to be calibrated for our (cobra) injectors since this is done in the EEC.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ok,

I called C & L today and talked to LEE who owns the place.. It seems that none of us are wrong per say... A LONG time ago C & L contracted Vortech to build its meters.. VORTECH NO longer makes the meters for C & L.. Vortech.. NOT C & L makes the flanged meter and C & L for a short time sold them as well.. HOWEVER he says the reason he does not sell them or make them (any that summit has are vortech made ) is there was problems with air leaks when used with the stock airbox.. Which caused driveablitity problems.. This in turn caused C & L to quit using or recomending anyone use a flanged meter.. BUT, you can NOT buy a flanged meter from C & L... they do not offer them at the present time..

BigT

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Big T,
Thanks for the info and clarification I looked at mine and it does have the Vortech logo on it, I did buy mine through Summit also.

Lee

1 - 20 of 23 Posts