Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Members the tail pipes on the LX Coupe. I need to order new ones some advertisements list them as Stainless or polished is there a difference ? I want the original type that came from factory Thanks to all for assistance. :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I believe that the originals were unpolished stainless

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a pair if you want, the part you see looks fine, they will have to have about an inch or two added on to them to meet up with the mufflers. They are factory 2.25 inchers.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Texas Mustang has them for $5 less than that :D

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Click on web specials on Laurel Mountain Mustangs web site. They have the Mac LX tail pipes for $139.95.

·
Registered
743 Posts
shux69 said:
www.laurelmountainmustang.com has some mac LX tails if you want them. they are about $160.
They are real good to order from. I bought some stuff from them a few weeks ago and it arrived promptly and everything was correct.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Not to dog on the Laurel quality but be careful with mac stuff for I have heard that they rust some times.

Although they cost more, I bought some Dynomax stainless pipes (2 1/2") from Mustangs Unlimited and they are very high quality mandrel bent pipes made by Walker.

They look OEM to the 87-93 Lx pipes except they are 1/4" larger. They look almost stock (which is the look I was going for). IF you want the best and dont mind spending a little more get the Dyonmax pipes from MU - they are the closest to OEM quality

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Close to OEM quality.....I thought Walker WAS the OEM supplier. Dynomax would technically be OEM exhaust, just bigger. Anyway the quality rules I have it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Lxpony said:
Not to dog on the Laurel quality but be careful with mac stuff for I have heard that they rust some times.

Although they cost more, I bought some Dynomax stainless pipes (2 1/2") from Mustangs Unlimited and they are very high quality mandrel bent pipes made by Walker.

They look OEM to the 87-93 Lx pipes except they are 1/4" larger. They look almost stock (which is the look I was going for). IF you want the best and dont mind spending a little more get the Dyonmax pipes from MU - they are the closest to OEM quality
I have dynomax 2 1/2" pipes also. They are just over two years old and they still look brand new. They look better than 2 1/4" pipes also. If you are willing to spend a little more, I think they are worth it.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
My whole cat-back was $300 from summit, and that's probably not the best price out there. Acuatually it was $305 with their $5 handling charge whoopty. Really not much for what you are getting. Fit perfectly the first time no adjusting anything.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
the stainless Flowmasters are also very nice and original looking.
some claim fitment issues, mine were perfect.
mine are 2yrs old, and have seen a lot of burn box abuse, and are still like new.

Mac's are chrome looking, almost like a mirror, 'I' don't like 'em.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts