Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just bought my first project car, a 1990 foxbody. It came as a roller, but with the tranny.

I just pulled the tranny and found out it's a c4, and since I'm planning on putting a LS (6.0) in it, I don't think it will work and I heard they're prone to breaking with higher HP.

The car was originally a manual 5 speed, and has the clutch pedal tied back, and now that I'm in the market for a transmission, I'd like to bring the car back to a manual.
My problem is my lack of experience in knowing what will work in the foxbody with a LS 6.0.

If anyone can help me out here, that'd be much appreciated.
thanks!

·
Registered
87 Gt 400hp Holley Terminator, Systemax 2, TW 170cc, N41, 6psi Powerdyne, 3:73
388 Posts
The easiest route would be installing it with an automatic 4L60E Gm transmission. If you want to keep it manual you’ll have to go with a T56 or TKO and do some modification to the pedals and clutch cable. Obviously you’ll need a GM t56 or tko as the bell housing and input-shafts are different on Gm and Ford

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
The idea of an LS with a C4 behind it is foolish, if you are doing anything besides granny cruising, the 4l60E is just as foolish. For a manual transmission, use a T56
For an automatic, 4L80E, or Th400

The th400 is going to be the cheapest route. Get on ls1tech.com, tons of these topics discussed in detail.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
If you use a T56 or TKX you should probably look into a hydraulic clutch conversion so you dont have to worry about trying to make the pedal box work with a GM trans. Modern driveline makes a really nice hydraulic conversion kit for the fox. You would just need the appropriate slave cyl or hydraulic TOB that works with a GM T56/TKX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts