Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from the Bay Area, and for anyone who lives here, they know the roads are gut wrenching in seriously lowered cars. 680 is brutal. Let's talk about lowering my '01 enough so it does not look like a 4x4 any more, yet still rides very smooth. I would like a 1" to 1.5" drop with maybe some adjustable shocks as well.

- What springs do you recommend and tell me about the handling, rear end hopping over bumps and ride smoothness?

- What shocks do you recommend, did you do the springs before the shocks and what difference did the shocks make after?

Much appreciated!
MrPepsi

·
Registered
11 Posts
I lowered my GT 1.5 inches with eibach sportlines, the look is great, so is the handling. The ride however was a little bit comprimised. It is not bad enough to regret the mod though. I live in the country and some of the roads are poor quality but even on them it is not so bad. go for it!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ive got the Pro-kit on mine along with a racecraft setup. The ride is stiff, but I like it like that. Thats mainly due to the racecraft stuff anyway. The sportline kit is good also, it just has more of a drop. We sell about half pro-kit and half sportline kit, depending on what drop you want.
thanks

Dave

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dsoinski said:
I I live in the country and some of the roads are poor quality but even on them it is not so bad.

Man you don't live in the country, you live in the city. You live pretty close to me, give me a pm.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the FMS B (progressive) springs. I was after the same thing with wanting the car to look better but without the harsh ride. I really like the way they turned out. I can't tell the difference in ride quality at all and the car looks great. :joy:

If you want pics I can email them to you.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
ED2000GT said:
Man you don't live in the country, you live in the city. You live pretty close to me, give me a pm.
He might not but i do :D

I run sportlines with tokico 5 ways.Ride is smooth and i clear most speed bumps.Actually the lowest part on mine is the joint at my hpipe and catback.This on mine is the only part that has ever touched anything.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have the Steeda Sport springs which are mild springs. Firm ride with no harshness, lowered 1 3/4" front and 3/4" rear looks raked :), much improved handling.

Anything milder and you just might as well sell the Stang and buy grandpop's olds! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts