Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i bought my 95 GT it had a bent stock rim on the ront passenger side. this allowed me to wrangle a new set of american eagle 077's and 245-45-r17 out of the used car place for only $500 out of my pocket. after the install it left a gap in the fenderwell a little to big for my taste, a great excuse to lower the car right! well the local shop wants $450 for the Eibach kit installed. Is this about right?? Did most of u guys do it yourself or get it done? what kit did u use? i want this to add to the handling not just lower it for looks any suggestions? in the picture thread everyone has clear corners how much are they they look great? I like the aftermarket side scoops also where is a good place for those, and how do they attach i heard double stick tape or some but can't imagine that? lastly i had the drivers side mirror part fall out just the mirror piece for a electic mirror it snaps right in where do i get one? fog lamps mine came minus one and the other looks like it has a black cover on it replacements?oem aftermarket??:idunno:

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
95GTConvertGuy said:
well the local shop wants $450 for the Eibach kit installed. Is this about right?? Did most of u guys do it yourself or get it done? what kit did u use?
I bought my Eibach Pros at Summit for $239. There was a new tire store that opened up and I went over there and haggled with them until they agreed to install the springs and align the car for $150. So that's $389. You might not get that kind of deal though, because I was a real jerk to the guy. I had them put the car up on the lift and was about to walk out.

$450 doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
U know, they do make wheel spacers, never seen any used or used any myself, but with that tire, u might concider a spacer. Lowering a car isnt bad, if u are mechanicaly inclined somewhat. If not take it and spend the 450 or however much and get it done, make sure they do it right and dont cheat u. Also u will need to alignment in 4 or so days latter.
Also Check out, www.abcexclusive.com for your clear corners, they will run u $37 and the side scoops are $100 for pair. Yes they are fastened by 3m type double sided tape, Ive seen one set of side scoops instaled befor and the guy bolted them on somehow from behind. I would kinda be worried about them flying off or someone stealing them, I personally love the look of them too. go check out www.abcexclusive.com for those body parts, cant go wrong with them, i ordered my parts from there, good service, quick dilivery and they had the stuff in stock. cheap too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Poo I have checked out ABC exclusive they also have a cool soft speedster cover that they just came out with that i have definately had my eye on, cannot afford the hard cover one and painting it, this one is the same type of thing and comes in black[color of my vert] for cheaper and requires no modification to it when u add a light bar.I have someone with a extra Saleen light bar that will trade me some Electrical work for the piece and install. Everyplace is different on side scoops, any to stay away from, any ugly? Also, the part I really need is the mirror insert the quarter inch wide,drivers side mirror shaped, mirrored insert that pops right in to our mirror assembly. I see so many of our cars on the road even in hickville USA where i live i am just trying to set my car apart from stock by changing the things I don't care for on the car side scoops, hood, wing,and stock hp level. But, also adding somethings that i have seen really make our style of cars shine, like lightbar, speedster cover soft, and tame graphics[windshield, rear bumper GTMUSTANG lettering and such. just looking 4 opinions. As for the lowering everybody has spings of some sort to improve stance ans suspension just wondering what kits are perfered and who puts them in.

':D

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you want to lower your car and do it cheap go with the FRPP C springs. They will lower the front about 1.5" and the rear about 1". www.gefracing.com has them for anly $109. Eibach makes them too. It is almost a pro-kit spring. As far as the mirror, you would have to go to your ford dealer to buy one. Mine is scratched and I went there asking about it. I think it was about $14 for the mirror. I was just thinking of how I would get the stock one out. Shatter it in the middle? And the side scoops are from www.abcexclusive.com as stated above.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hey why not try a junkyard for the mirror piece. I was qoeted 75 bucks for the whole left mirror, mine is broken too. But im sure if u find a 94-95 stang, u can get that part cheap. I gues they changed somthing in the mirror shape or deisng between 95-and newer, cuase he said the newer ones willnt work with 94-95.
and about installing lowering springs, one thing i can tell u is, u will defently want springs with the same lowering front and back, ur car will look very ugly if its jacked up a half foot more in the rear then front. I got the BBk 1.5" lowering springs, i think there 200 from jegs or anywher. My front tire sits almost flush with the fender, so thers really no gap at all,rear has 1-2" gap or so. i havent had any problems with rubbing, nor buttoming out. springs are about as harsh as stock springs, and corners little better. But i noticed one problem, i re-installed the spring rubber cups on the buttom of each spring in the rear, and it sits 6" in the front and 7.5" in the rear, so in order to fix that il just need to take out that rubber cup, then it should sit level. of coarse my cars a convertible, so that prolly makes a diference slightly.
But i know BBk makes a good spring.
and installing them, is not hard. Hey im paralyzed wasit down,so i cant move my legs at all, im sitting and i did mine pretty much myself, i do most of my own car work actually. Just cant let things get in ur way. ****, if i can do it, anyone of u guys able to walk could easly do this. so just get some springs and put them on, and show the car off when ur done on here..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lowering & such

I know it does make a differance if the car is a vert or not because o the weight mine is and the 2 shops i have been 2 have said it makes a differance. just wondering if the type of kit matters i was quoted 400 dollers for another kit i have never heard of but they say they have had no problems with. I know Steeda makes some never really considered doing it myself , i like working on my own car to, but when it comes to somthing i have never done and have no clue how to do and if i screwed it up or couldn't get to something the tow truck would have 2 come and load up the car and misc. pieces and take it to someone who should have done it to begin with, i try to be humble and defer to the professionals. i wasn't sure i this is one of those cases do u need special tools ie: spring compresser. 2200 hundered sounds a lot beteer than 400 or 450 but maybe its worth the extra 200 dollers.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Well knowledge is power, Read, read, and then read some more, find every site u can about mustangs, anything mustang, take the time to learn the insides and workings of ur car. Thers sooo many web sites out now ,with tech articles and how to's , just way too much information out ther. I know of several web sites off hand that have spring installs ,in detail, take u step by step on the how to. U cant be scared of the car, it would be hard to mess up a spring install, really. Unless u damage the ABS sensors or brake lines, thers nothin to worry about, Just take ur time, be patient and do things right the first time. Thers no need for specail tools, unless u go with the progressive wound springs, then u will need a spring compressor, but with regualr lowering springs, they are much shorter then stock ones, therefor much easyer to instal. Really only tools u will need are a few basic sockets and rachet, and screw driver possibly. and of coarse a jack and jackstands. I say if ur into ur car, love it, and wana learn how things work and how to do things to better your car, go for it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks. do we know i the steeda springs are just lowering springs. i thought the eibach springs are a progressive spring, the pro kit that is, also i live in a apartment. not trying to make excuses i loved the nitrous install i did and others but can have my car apart in major pieces and i have a lack of riends are here that share my passion. had 2 borrow someones place to do the nitrous. thats kind o the reason i limit my car to bolt ons or now, no place to do a cam or head swap, as much as i woud like to. even the used h pipe i have been looking for will have to be installed at a shop or 40 dollers. but i understand my current limitations and respect them and make the best of my situation. meaning i try not to even consider things i cannot install myself here in a few hours or afford to pay someone else to do. i do agree knowledge is the ultimate power thats why i love this forum and the people in it i always get intelegent opinions ans answers.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I would look into the Bullit kit, you can pick it up for like $370 with matched Tokico struts/shocks (it seems you want cheap and this is the best deal going).

The shock/struts are one piece of the puzzle you have not mentioned. When you go to a stiffer spring, you should upgrade your shock/strut or your ride and handling WILL suffer. You also might want to look into some caster/camber plates. You may need them to get a good alignment after lowering your Mustang.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts