Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i was having a coolant in the oil problem, i have brand new head gaskets and brand new lower intake gaskets, i just but the motor back together. i was havign a little coolant in the oil here and there. I used fel pro lower intake gaskets and used RED silicone to seal the water jackets. i noticed a little coolant in the oil here and there. after putting about 100 miles on the car, i probably lost a quarter of a radiatior to the oil. i just pulled the lower intake and the lifter valley has some nasty oil/coolant milkshake, prob close to a 50/50 mix:eek: . i havnt seen ANY white smoke from the car at all, and the head gaskets are kinda fool proof in my opinion. Iron heads torqued to 70 ft lbs, working from the inside out, putting silicone on the threads of each bolt. so im shooting for lower intake gaskets. im hoping to have this done by 3 pm, its 12:30 now, i just wanted your opinions on what this may be, i hope its lower intake?! thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did you find out what the problem was. My car is doing the same thing. I thought it was the lower intake gaskets so I replaced them and it was still doing the same thing. I pulled the heads last night and they both looked good. I am going to put it back together and see what happends. Let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
The timing cover can do it also. If your problem just started with the head swap, it is probrably the intake. Good luck

·
Registered
52 Posts
the same thing happened to me years ago after I blew a HG.. unfortunately, I put it all back together and it happened all over again. Had the heads shaved, same problem..

it turns out the deck of the block was warped. I had to pull the motor and get the block decked..

i'm not saying that's it, but this was an example that I never would have expected.. :mad:

·
Registered
134 Posts
might not help, but at the same time it might. i had the same problem a few months ago and i thought i had a blown head gasket. but after checking everything, it was all good. so i began to check the small things. turns out that the crankcase wasn't be ventilated good. so i put a larger hose from the pcv valve to the intake and it cleared up. when the crankcase isn't bein ventilated, it will set up water in the lifter valley. over a period of time more and more water will accumulated and there you have the white bs. so ventilate the crankcase and see what happens.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts