Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I don’t know of any in tank pumps that put out 9lb or less. You can run pretty much and efi pump you want, if you regulate it with a good bypass regulator and good sized return line.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I was thinking the same, I don't know of an EFI in tank pump that puts out 9 psi or below. Can use a standard EFI in tank pump and a compatible regulator that can lower the pressure to ~9 PSI.

·
Registered
1985 Mustang GT
464 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
There are a couple efi/carb regulators than can be swapped around to low or high pressure. You just change the spring. Summit and Jegs sell them.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Thank you. Yea, I’m not seeing any low pressure ones by themselves. Is it worth the $500 it will cost to convert it over from a mechanical pump?
No. I was under the impression you must’ve not had a provision for a mechanical pump.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anybody have any suggestion or leads on a 8-9 PSI In tank electric fuel pump? I am in the middle of a restomod for a 66 coupe with a 351W and a 4 barrel Edelbrock carb.
A quality regulator with a by-pass will do what you are seeking. I run a “Tanks” brand tank with an internal pump. My Weber carbs require 2.5-3.0 PSI. A regulator meets my criteria.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts