Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know at least 87-89 GTs had this. I know ford is lazy, so they probably put the same wiring in all cars. Is there any way to hook a low fuel light up on my car(the 89) Just wondering.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Well, i put the little guage pod in my '88 not too long ago because it bothered me to have those lights and them not work.

So i installed the little pod and right off the bat the Check Oil and Low Coolant lights did work. (Well the low coolant one worked after I added the coolant bottle sensor to my car)

Now the low washer fluid one won't work because my car doesn't have the sensor in the bottle. I'm trying to find one on Ebay but 87-89 GT bottles are a rare find on there.

As for the low fuel light....i dunno. I never let my car go that low. My fuel gauge has always been touchy so I never trust it. Plus after i put my white face gauges on, i am not sure if it is accurate.

One day if i get bored i'll put a gas container in my car and drive around til it runs out of gas to see how acurate my needle is and if the light ever comes on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts