Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 91 GT and i wanna start doing some modding. A friend told me that i could lose a lot of low end torque if i dont do it right. What are some mods that will help me maintain or even gain more low end torque? Also, how do I know if my car has been lowered by the previos owner? Whats the ground clearance of a stock 91 GT?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
ThEpRoFiVeOh said:
I recently bought a 91 GT and i wanna start doing some modding. A friend told me that i could lose a lot of low end torque if i dont do it right. What are some mods that will help me maintain or even gain more low end torque? Also, how do I know if my car has been lowered by the previos owner? Whats the ground clearance of a stock 91 GT?
Kenne bell blower comes to mind.:evil: In all seriousness, if you want tire shreading power at 1K rpms, then go the stroker route.

However a WELL THOUGHT OUT h/c/i combo will keep the bottom end strong while allowing the torque plateau to be extended farther up the rpm range.

If you do lose some low end torque, you can always gear the car numerically higher (3.73+).

Now mod away!:joy:

Greg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts