Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i got to finally test drive my car today, with the rebuilt trans in it...well everything was going fine till all of a sudden it started to make this really loud grinidng noise...now it only does it when your sittin at a light trans in N and foot off the clutch , and any time your shifting form 1 to 2 and 2 to 3, it goes away as soon as u put it in 4th... now i've done some reaserch before and i belive this to be a throwout bearing...the noise however does go away if u push the clutch in... does this sound like a reasonable guessitmate??? and besides that when u take off in 1st it really likes to wind alot... any ideas on that one????only in 1st really.. somebody help me.. am i headed in the right direction or not???

·
Registered
295 Posts
The throw out bearing would make a sort of squeeky-cricket chirping really fast sort of sound... Sound like you have a bigger problem :( Might want to take it back to whoever rebuilt it :confused:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Throw out bearing usually does not make a grinding noise. When the clutch is pushed in, that stops the input shaft from turning, so that could be why the noise stops. Alsmost sounds like something loose in the tranny. I'd take it back real soon, like now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts