Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not overly concerned, but it does bother me. My 95 T-bird, which has a 99GT motor in it, just started blowing oil out of the exhaust , but ONLY at idle. When the car is in park and you hit the gas, a decent amount of white smoke comes out of the pipes. But when my buddy drove it up the street, twice like a normal person and twice he really got on it, absolutely no smoke, not even a hint. I thought maybe because it had gotten warm and it was only doing it at start up, it could just be that. But after he got on it the second time I made him come back, put it in park and mother f#@$ if it didn't start blowing it again. The longer it sat the more it would blow out. The motor has around 50K on it since I installed it. It had 1200 on it at install (I took it out of the other car) I did just put about 3 months ago a new O/R X and macs, but there is no way that could cause that much smoke. And it still has plenty of power, all that was there before the smoke. Talk to me people.......:confused:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Valve guides are worn. When your engine is at idle, the vacum is at it's highest. When the guides get worn out, this alows the oil to be sucked into the combustion chamber. When you get on it the vacum goes down so natch it stops sucking oil. Time to rebuild your heads bro.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don't know where the hell my head is at! I can't believe I didn't think about he valves. This motor has seen a LOT of nitrous use too. Damn. Since a new motor combo will be going in soon, I'm not going to waste time pulling the heads and wasting the money. Is that all it could be? Give me some more opinions. Thanks RValine for hoping in (my brother told me the same thing, I just don't believe him;) )

·
Registered
643 Posts
Not quite sure that white smoke is the oil. It should be more like bluish.
White smoke is water/coolant vapor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts