Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To you guys that are running this combination, how do you like everyday driving with them.

I figure since I got Steeda's Comp/Street springs I mind as well take advantage of them. I want to be able to launch hard at the strip but don't want over kill on the street.

Where is the best place to get them at a good price?

Thanks for any input.
Eric

·
Registered
636 Posts
I actually run lakewood 90/10's on the street. With the front swaybar connected, the car actually handles pretty damn well. When I put the 15" drag radials on, it gets a bit softer, but not unmanageable.

Now, at the track with the swaybar off, ooofa! What a launch it gives!!

I got mine from Jeg's for $89/each.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I'm running lakewood 90/10s with the swaybar OFF. The difference on the street is minimal, other than a bit more nose raise under acceleration. Then again I'm not one to go throwing my car into a turn at 100+ ya know. I think the setup you mentioned will be fine for the street/strip duty. Good luck and tell us what you think. I got my struts from Summit, i think they were the cheapest around at ~$180

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
For street use you'll be fine, few people I know that went to this set up said they barely noticed a difference except at the track or on hard acceleration on the street. Cornering is limited by again people going this route aren't looking to carve corners.

Bill

·
Registered
328 Posts
how would the set up be on the street with the 50/50 shocks on the rears and a more corner carving strut upfront. how would that be on the street?

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
I run 90/10's & 50/50's & coilovers on the street and it handles just fine. Just as others said, just don't go trying to take turns too fast and you'll be just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts