Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a few days ago my motor gave out on me took it to a mechanic and looks like the Engine Rods knocking and i need a whole new motor...
I'm only 17 working a part time, but i need my car to provide for myself if anyone has a motor out there thats not to high on mileage feel free to shoot me a text at 803 834 9977.
Thanks
~2000 mustang gt auto~

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know of some Crown Vic's 4.6 used engines, un-sure of mileage but in good shape I can get you for cheap if interested, where are U located?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I am assuming from your number that you are in SC? I am in Columbia. I have a 2v in a GT, (still in the car running) with only 69k miles on it. I'll take $500 for it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard that they used the same engines and what not, but im not to keen on knowing what would need to be swapped or anything in that matter, but im located in columbia sc

·
Registered
274 Posts
What is your budget?

They range between 1000-1500 from salvage yards with lower miles, and you will get some type of warranty also that way.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have a 4.6 short block 90k miles out of a Mark viii,Teksid aluminum block, good cross hatching still visible in all cylinders, engine ran great when pulled. My friend wants his engine stand back, so I am willing to let it go for $200 picked up in Greensboro, N.C. Area.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im just getting into the car world slowly learning as a fix stuff, what else would I need with just the short block or could my Intake and what not just fit right ontop?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts