Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I performed a search for this very subject (widest rims) and all i found is some simple info. I'm looking for some pics. I don't want, nor am i looking for the skate board look. I need something that tucks inside/under the wheel wells nice and provides a added bit of traction (increased tire size). Any tips on adding/making room will be appreciated as well. I have SSM lift bars on my car now, so my quads are gone.
What brands are you runnig as well?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
yellow95 said:
Bishop- You always gotta show that pretty car and humiliate the rest of us. :p

Gary
LOL, Believe me, its not so pretty right now and it will be a LONG time before it gets there!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah Bishop, you make the rest of us look bad, not ever having any dust or dirt on that thang!:D

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bishop,
Sweet pics! Thanks a lot! What is the back spacing on your rims?

Yellow95,
Nice Web Page! What is your back spacing as well? I'm trying to stay away from Cobra R's as everyone has a set. They are very nice rims, but i'm starting to get tired of them...

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I believe the backspacing is 6". These wheels are made by American Racing specifically for the 94-2003 stang. I got 8" in the front and 11" in the rear.

Gary

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

17x10.5 rim with 275/40/17 on them..
it looks identical to a 17x9 with 245/45/17 tires.

i will eventually get the wider tires, i just have these on there cause i just got them.

i am also using a spacer in the back, 3/4"

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Nice rims Bishop. Not to be critical or anything and not to piss any one off, but some of you need to learn to take better pictures. Yellow, nice site. I like the rides. What series MB is that? There are a few guys with the same car in this area that street race them. They are slow though. I think they have the base engine in them. Why does your site have so many pop ups?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Oh yea, Nate, what is that hanging from the center of your car. Is that a panhard or a track link? Looks pretty serious to me:D

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I X L- Dont let the other MB's fool ya. Mine is a Euro spec AMG Kompressor. It will flat move out. It aint gonna run with a supercharged mustang, but non modified mustangs and camaros get they'er hats handed to them.

As for the pop ups, I have no clue. I reckon its because I dont pay anything for it. If you know how to stop it, let me know.

Gary

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Yellow, that is a GOOD picture. The MBs around here are slow. I didn't say yours was slow, just the ones around here. I know the AMG's will fly. My boss got an S500 with a few AMG mods and my other boss bought an E55 to counter it. Hmmm..... sucks to have money.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
yellow95 said:
Bishop- You always gotta show that pretty car and humiliate the rest of us. :p

Gary
So I humiliate YOU?!?!?!?

Yea, right! :eek:

DAMN thats a nice car!!!!!! (& nice picture!)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Since I don't know how to put pics in my posts, you can check one of my school websites for my pics.

www.cs.msstate.edu/~dkd2

1 - 20 of 31 Posts