Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting here. I am in search of a 1992 notchback that I owned back in the 90's. Have owned quite a few fun cars throughout the years but that one was always had the most entertaining memories. I sold the car to a guy in Illinois. He sold it and the car was titled in Indialantic, FL. Apparently it may have been sold again in 2016 to someone in Greentop, Missouri.

The car was originally Titanium but had heard that the guy I sold it to was painting it black. Also it was a black interior.

Vin is 1FACP40E1NF118709

There is no CARFAX info as of 03/18/2016. My guesses are either it is a track car, total loss or hopefully sitting somewhere no longer roadworthy. Any assistance with locating this vehicle would be greatly appreciated from one enthusiast to another.

Dave

·
Registered
1989 GT
1,074 Posts
on the car fax is there any dealer service or inspection info?
If there is an annual inspection listed on the car fax it may list the service station who did it.
Then you can call them and ask if they will contact the owner to share info or if you are very lucky maybe they will give you the information.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing listed for that but do have Missouri Motor Vehicle Dept. closest to last known location of the vehicle. It has the title number listed. May try to call tomorrow and see if they can point me in a direction.

I appreciate the input.

Dave

·
Registered
90 LX Real Nice Rust Free
58 Posts
There really is not that many left. I have lived in Florida for thirty years and only seen six or seven foxes of all years. Conditions are perfect here for them to last. Most of the ones I have seen here are in old guys garages. Convertibles that they hardly drive. Good luck with the quest

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is hard to believe the surge in prices for the foxes. I have found some four cylinder cars in my area that could probably be picked up at a reasonable price. May go that route considering everything will get upgraded anyway.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Missing mine, should never have sold it...
I did the same search back in 2016 and into 2017. Had a Deep Emerald Green notch 92 5.0 5 speed car. Been bugging the owner's brother to see if he wants to sell and no luck so far. Bought it in 2013 but was a father son project and his dad died in 2017. I won't give up I will continue to follow up until it is sold to someone else or if I can buy it back. I have a nice coyote swapped Calypso notch, but would prefer to have my old pushrod back. Love the coyote swap but no emotional connection with it. Gonna keep at it till I own it.

Matt

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,401 Posts
I appreciate the positive comments. Still hunting for it. Deployed in the middle east at the moment so I have plenty of time to search.
do you have any friends on the police force?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had a state trooper friend track it about as far as the Carfax did. I am going to reach out to him again and see if he can contact the state police in Missouri and possibly narrow it down a bit more.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know how you feel I’ve tried tracking down my 92 Bimini blue lx hatchback but have yet to have any success.
Like you I am Shocked with these fox prices I picked up my 92 back in 99’ for $800 running perfect and in original condition, reminds me of the stories I hear from old timers how people couldn’t even give away 60’s muscle cars in the late 70’s no one wanted them. Foxes have now hit that mark 15-20 yrs again you can find em everywhere for dirt cheap but now you’re lucky to find a nice clean roller for a decent price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
First time posting here. I am in search of a 1992 notchback that I owned back in the 90's. Have owned quite a few fun cars throughout the years but that one was always had the most entertaining memories. I sold the car to a guy in Illinois. He sold it and the car was titled in Indialantic, FL. Apparently it may have been sold again in 2016 to someone in Greentop, Missouri.

The car was originally Titanium but had heard that the guy I sold it to was painting it black. Also it was a black interior.

Vin is 1FACP40E1NF118709

There is no CARFAX info as of 03/18/2016. My guesses are either it is a track car, total loss or hopefully sitting somewhere no longer roadworthy. Any assistance with locating this vehicle would be greatly appreciated from one enthusiast to another.

Dave
Best of luck man! I had a titanium drop top I started building at 18 and sold it at 21 to get married. (Never got married). Caged car, full strange suspension, Hoosiers. Dude I sold it to traded it for a crotch rocket and I seen it on Craigslist a few years after and the guy sold most of the parts off of it for stock stuff. I should have bought it back. Tried doing the same search in 2010 but the trail went cold in manhattan, IL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.