Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everone will say go with a wet kit, but I'm looking for something simple that i can take on and off my car if needed. Besides, maybe I won't need a tune with just a 75 hp shot.
Anyway, I've never seen a dry kit for my car. Does anybody know of any, and if someone is running this, I will apreciate your input.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Go with the NOS 05116 kit. I am only running a 100hp shot right now, but it is awesome! My brother has a 02 Lightning that runs 12's and I can hang with him now. The kit comes with everything you need except a bottle warmer. There are also a bunch of safety features with the kit, WOT switch, RPM activation switch, and Fuel pressure safety switch.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AR15COBRA, have you had your car on a wideband 02 dyno. If you have, who did your tune, what is your A/F, and is your stock pump keeping up. I know NOS says it is safe and their FMU takes care off all needs, I just want to hear that from someone that won't profit from it.
Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much was the kit, and where did you get it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have not had my car on a dyno yet. The tech guy actually told me that at the 100hp setting the car will run really rich. He suggested going with the 125hp shot to get the air/fuel ratio right. My dad got it from one of his friends who runs a performance shop at his cost, $729. The kit is great! Installation was a snap, we did it all ourselves. The only problem was mounting the bottle in the trunk. But another one of my dad's friends who is a mechanic had a special tool that we used. The tool allowed us to tap into the metal and creat threads for the screws. Sorry I can't be more help on the air/fuel info, if I go to the dyno soon i will get back with you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nitrous is dangerous to cars when in the hands of idiots! Also, not everyone has $4,000 to blow on performance parts!!! Besides, I have always heard that on the 99+ cars that the tuning is nearly impossible to dial in. BTW, if i had wanted a supercharger i would have gotten one!!! With Nitrous I don't have the problem of parasitic drag, blower whine, increased air temp, and a whole host of other problems associated with superchargers.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AR15, LS1greyhound is just joking around, he is my good friend. He is also in the market for a nitrous kit, he just posted that as a joke, because a lot of idiots do say that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
AR15Cobra said:
Nitrous is dangerous to cars when in the hands of idiots! Also, not everyone has $4,000 to blow on performance parts!!! Besides, I have always heard that on the 99+ cars that the tuning is nearly impossible to dial in. BTW, if i had wanted a supercharger i would have gotten one!!! With Nitrous I don't have the problem of parasitic drag, blower whine, increased air temp, and a whole host of other problems associated with superchargers.
I don't no how many times i've posted that.:cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry about going off like that! But you don't know how many times the "Good Ole' Boy Rednecks" say to me, "Nitrous is dangerous, it will blow your car up".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts