Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any dependable shops in the Dallas area that can do rear gear swaps?

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot. I'm still waiting for them to activate me. If anyone here, in the meantime, can help out, please let me know.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I had precision mustang performance in Forney do mine. It had a leak when I got it back though. I‘d probably steer clear of them.

Stan Hopkins isn’t a performance shop but they rebuilt the front diff on my truck and did a good job.

I’ve heard good things about true street in Mckinney. I intend to start using them for my mustang stuff.

·
Registered
268 Posts
There are several that have good reputations.
I suggest you sign up at www.dfwmustangs.net and pose the question there. You will get a good list of places to contact.
We have a few DFW guys that post here, but who knows how long before they look in?
There is a user on there (Green Bullit) who did my gears in my IRS as well as tons of others around DFW... very reasonable prices and excellent work, never heard a bad word about him nor do I have anything bad to say. If I ever need mine done again I'd use him in a heartbeat. PM me here if you want his facebook name if that works better for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts