Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its my return style fuel system. From what I can tell, there are two Y blocks, two aeromotive filters, two bosch pumps, feed and return lines, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, and all the fittings... He forgot to ship the steeda rails apparently so I called and he said he would ship those out ASAP.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
Looks like a really nice kit.

What are your current mods?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,090 Posts
Nice where did you get it? Looks like just what I need, It would be alot easier than doing it piece by piece!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
N-I-C-E!!!!!:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
4v-wannabe - Nice kit. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

I see that you have a 2000 GT so I would like to know:

1. How are you going to hook this up? The computer varies voltage to the stock fuel pump.

2. How are you going to hook this up to your 99+ fuel tank? I was told it did not have the hookup for a return style fuel system.

3. Does this system just hook up like a 98 and below fuel
system?

4. Are there other parts that you have not listed above? (IE: chip for computer, new fuel tank, etc)

Thank you for your answers, and I am sure I will have more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flash69 said:
4v-wannabe - Nice kit. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

I see that you have a 2000 GT so I would like to know:

1. How are you going to hook this up? The computer varies voltage to the stock fuel pump.

Chris Johnson will be installing the system and tuning the car

2. How are you going to hook this up to your 99+ fuel tank? I was told it did not have the hookup for a return style fuel system.

I have to get a 96-98 return style tank

3. Does this system just hook up like a 98 and below fuel
system?

Im not sure about this one

4. Are there other parts that you have not listed above? (IE: chip for computer, new fuel tank, etc)

Yeah, like I said above, tune, tank, and rails. But thats it. I also have 55# injectors going in

Thank you for your answers, and I am sure I will have more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,852 Posts
WHat was the price tag on that? id it snot to expensive id be interested in getting it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
4v-wannabe - Thank you for the information.

I have a really stupid question (so don't flame me)

What would happen if someone was to just wire in a new fuel system like the one above to come on with the ignition key? (then you could just use the FPR to set the fuel rail pressure).

I mean so it did not use the same wire that varies the fuel pump voltage. Does it mess up the computer or turn on the check engine light? I don't think that would be the case because the Afterburner-eFPC would also turn on the check engine light (since it can vary fuel rail pressure just like a FPR). I know the computer tries to keep the fuel pressure at 40 PSI on the fuel rail. So what does happen when the computer can't keep the pressure at the rail at 40 PSI?

Does anyone know if you can change a setting on an aftermarket chip to stop the computer from sending varied voltage to the pump?

Also does anyone know what the difference is with the 98 and 99 style fuel tanks? Are the tanks the same and are the in-tank pumps/senders different?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Z06KILLR said:
WHat was the price tag on that? id it snot to expensive id be interested in getting it...
Give Steve over at Houston Performance a call. www.houstperformance.com he is the one that set me up with that system. You can pretty much tell him what you have and what you want and he will customize a system to your needs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
Flash69 said:
<snip>I mean so it did not use the same wire that varies the fuel pump voltage. Does it mess up the computer or turn on the check engine light? I don't think that would be the case because the Afterburner-eFPC would also turn on the check engine light (since it can vary fuel rail pressure just like a FPR). I know the computer tries to keep the fuel pressure at 40 PSI on the fuel rail. So what does happen when the computer can't keep the pressure at the rail at 40 PSI?


With the Afterburner-eFPC, you will NOT get a check engine light. The eFPC generates an error signal in the FRP feedback loop which causes the PCM modify the FPDM drive signal to achieve a new target fuel pressure. Once the PCM has adjusted the FPDM drive and "zeroed out" the error signal, the PCM sees the target that it is programmed for BUT the actual target is the one commanded by the eFPC. So, with the eFPC there is no check engine light.

MJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
mjchip - Thank you for your reply. So is it possible to fix the error code with an aftermarket chip? That way I could run just a 98 and below fuel system with an mechanical FPR?

I have talked with you before about your great products, however I have easy access to 98 and below fuel parts and can get them at a good deal. Also it would be easier for me to run nitrous with a mechanical FPR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
Flash69 said:
mjchip - Thank you for your reply. So is it possible to fix the error code with an aftermarket chip? That way I could run just a 98 and below fuel system with an mechanical FPR?

I have talked with you before about your great products, however I have easy access to 98 and below fuel parts and can get them at a good deal. Also it would be easier for me to run nitrous with a mechanical FPR.
Hi,

I may be wrong but I think that most if not all people that go return-style end up using the computer (and maybe harness) from a pre-99 car. I'm not sure if you can make it work with a 99+ computer and aftermarket chip.

As far as running nitrous, we're in the process of designing a dual-stage dry nitrous controller for returnless cars. Should be on the market in a couple of months.

MJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mjchip said:
Hi,

I may be wrong but I think that most if not all people that go return-style end up using the computer (and maybe harness) from a pre-99 car. I'm not sure if you can make it work with a 99+ computer and aftermarket chip.

As far as running nitrous, we're in the process of designing a dual-stage dry nitrous controller for returnless cars. Should be on the market in a couple of months.

MJ
I dont plan on and have never heard of anyone going to a pre-99 computer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
4v-wannabe said:
I dont plan on and have never heard of anyone going to a pre-99 computer.
I did some searching after I posted that and it does look like my memory doesn't serve me too well. I must've dreamt that #*&$ up. Sorry. :(

MJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
4v-wannabe said:
I dont plan on and have never heard of anyone going to a pre-99 computer.
4v - Me either, so their must be something a chip can do to the computer (PCM).
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top