Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
converting 1993 lx 4 cylinder to 5.0

What all needs to be changed besides engine components, trans. I know i need the wiring harness and ecu. what else?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thought that to, but forgot to post it. I will have a 5.0 parts car that I will be using for the conversion. I have done chevy 350's into s-10's but I have never worked on fords before. The 5.0 conversion seems like it will be pretty straight forward. Should all be pretty much plug and play. Is it going to be as easy as it seems are am I getting my self into a mess?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
get a 3 core radiator...and i would go ahead and get an alum driveshaft....summit sells them for 159.99 that and if your going to run an electric fan get a 3g alternator

·
Registered
603 Posts
Make sure the parts car is the same year as the 4 cyl car or you will need to change the entire car wiring harness to get everything correct! If it's the same year then things will be more plug and play!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man, it might be hard finding a 93 5.0 parts car. I wouldn't think that the wiring harnesses would be different from say 89-93. But you guys are the experts. Any extra info is on this conversion would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys

·
Registered
603 Posts
They are really different from 89 to 93! Very much so that you would need to swap the entire harness over!

Good luck!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Is the parts car a mustang? You will need to swap the front k member in it too. Yes their are a lot of differences in 93 harness but you could buy ford morot sport conversion harness as it is a 93 mustang harness and it will plug in! would be worth $350 they get for main harness!

·
Registered
228 Posts
89 first year of mass air

90 first year to have air bags

91 first year to used single connection to dash harness

early 92 same as 91

late 92 same as 93

93 has the fuel pump relay in the engine bay instead of under the seat

89 can be used as far as I know on any 87-89 car
the rest can only be used with respective years

1 - 11 of 11 Posts