Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my longtubes!! Ive been wanting these for awhile.
I got the BBK 1 5/8 longtubes, BBK 2 1/2 offroad shorty h-pipe, and a set of felpro header gaskets (1415), from Summitt for $393 shipped!! Not a bad deal, huh??? I got Summitt to price match Wynne speed since they both advertise is MMFF. I got the headers for $238!!!!!
Im going to be installing the over the next few days. Hopefully I can pick up a few ponies and get a little deeper into the 12's now!!!!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
looks good man, I wish mine looked that good, mine look "used". Ohh well, you will like them and they are preaty easy to put in, and they fit great, and all the bolt holes line up :D

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Looks good... Good luck on the install, should not be toooooo difficult. :)

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!! I dont think the install will be too dificult. Im pretty mechanically inclined and I have a buddy helping me.:D

Im hoping to go 270rwhp $ 315 rwtq after I get these bad boys on!!

Up next: Crane 2031 cam, New valvesprings, Summitt lightweight racing seat, Oddessy lightweight battery, Pro-m 80 maf.
W/ all these, hopefully 12.50's will be in my future!!:eek:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Not for nothin but I see an o2 bung. I know that the BBK LT's I bought from Summitt did not have that. Have you double checked the part # to make sure those are not 93 and down pieces?

Just thought I would toss that out to you.....

Steve

·
Registered
556 Posts
qikgts said:
Not for nothin but I see an o2 bung. I know that the BBK LT's I bought from Summitt did not have that. Have you double checked the part # to make sure those are not 93 and down pieces?

Just thought I would toss that out to you.....

Steve
HUMM. i think you need to look at the pics a little closer. i see an O2 bung on each header. 93 down OR 94/95 headers would both have O2 bungs. do you mean an ERG pipe?

BTW gmkillr. ill bet $ that me and you are the ONLY peeps to ever buy 94/95 BBK LT's for less than $239 EVER. gotta love those misprints :).

you are welcome ;)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sweet, those are some nice headers! Those should help you out. BUT you're changing the cam!!!! Man, i though you'd never break down and do that!!! At any rate, i wish ya the best! Keep us informed on what the headers do for you! Looks like i'll be givin' 'em a call and getting my own set....

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
gmkillr said:
Thanks guys!! I dont think the install will be too dificult.
I believe a corral member "BenW" did a write on his long tube install and if I remember correctly he had a few problems (things didn't go as smoothly as he thought). But I wish you the best of luck and hope everything works out.

See ya.
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I checked the part #'s quite a few times and they are the correct headers. Only the 94-95 headers have the egr bung on them, no others.

95steeda02, Thanks for the info buddy!!!

Fork, I wont be putting a cam in for a little while, so im sure ill get plenty of new track times in before a cam gets thrown at her. I actually might not even throw a cam in till the winter, we'll see???

Thanks to everybody for the compliments and the wishes of luck on the install!!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Awesome! What headers were you running before?

Have you been up PRP much? I've been too busy lately. I gotta get back up there soon.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
novadude said:
Awesome! What headers were you running before?

Have you been up PRP much? I've been too busy lately. I gotta get back up there soon.
I was running BBK shorties.
I havent been to PRP in over a month, its beeen way too hot!!:eek: But I should get my headers on this weekend so Im gonnna try and make it to the track this tuesday and thursday.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Man thats a great price!!!!

I paid $600 for my Vette headers. THey looked like that when I put them in too, but now they are dull and dont shine anymore. I got great gains from the longtubes. I hope they help you out. Question...how are the factory headers on the 94-95s? THey look kinda wimpy as far as headers, not being large diameter, or mandrel bent, but they must surely be better than manifolds right? What are the typical gains from putting in long tubes, with an off-road x-pipe or h-pipe and losing the cats\resonators?

·
Registered
451 Posts
gusbustamantejr said:
Man thats a great price!!!!

I paid $600 for my Vette headers. THey looked like that when I put them in too, but now they are dull and dont shine anymore. I got great gains from the longtubes. I hope they help you out. Question...how are the factory headers on the 94-95s? THey look kinda wimpy as far as headers, not being large diameter, or mandrel bent, but they must surely be better than manifolds right? What are the typical gains from putting in long tubes, with an off-road x-pipe or h-pipe and losing the cats\resonators?
Typically, on the 94-95 Cobras, with an O/R X or H-pipe and long-tubes, you'll notice a peak of +15 rwhp and +30rwtq.

However, the big gains show up in the area "under the curve."

Ian

·
Registered
142 Posts
hey man what mag did you use to reference the wynne speed ad for the price match ......BTW wicked good deal!!Im gonna try to get that setup over the winter as opposed to the shorty/full o/r x pipe
good job!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts