Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time with Longtubes,, and what a PITA it is,, had to jack up engine as far as it will go and had to take steering shaft apart,, just to get driver side in.

I doesnt seem to hit,, but I havent lowered engine yet,,, because I cant get Passenger side in.

I'm running a McLeod Bellhousing (unmodified) and a KennyBrown G-Load Brace and they seem to leave me zero room to even get the collector in there.

Anyone else with similar setup?

Thanx,
Brad "Wish I had Shorties Again" Mazies

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't think the 4 point will work, unfortunately.

I installed long tubes last weekend, and my MAC 1 5/8" practically fell into place. Luckily for me, I had just pulled the tranny. I had to do NO engine jacking. All I did was put the front of the car up about a foot on jackstands, take out the tranny (swapped in a tremec), unbolt the steering shaft, and slide them in from below. Was actually easier than putting my shorties on the first time....

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am intrested as well, but I have BBK 1 5/8" LT's with an off road H I was wantng a g-load brace and have been to lazy to call around to check about fitment. Anyone have one that fits? Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts